Volleyball drills for passing / defense / reception
- team is in line.
- serve on team
- team builds attack, completes it.
- Coach plays next ball immediately,
- 4x in quick succession.
- 4 teams of which 2 at the net and the other 2 at the back of the field
- B throws the ball to A
- A plays the ball back to B
- B plays ball UPHANDS to C
- C plays the ball UNDER HANDS to D
- D catches the ball
- D throws the ball to C
- C plays the ball UP to B
- B plays the ball UNDER HANDS to A
- A catches the ball
- Ball toss in pairs
- hitting back with one arm.
- Start with your good arm.
- Player A throws/strikes the ball towards player C.
- Player C serves the ball to player B.
- Player B gives a pass to c.
- Player C passes to the mats.
Goal: try to attack/play 3rd ball on the mats (straight or diagonal).
After each ball move one place in your own group.
Extension: When there are enough players one could also choose to place a block.
- the players stand behind each other, the player in front hits the ball hard,
- the other player takes off from behind player 1
- and tries to send the ball back to player 1 bra or oh.
- Please note that the player must turn before she plays the ball back.
Goal of the exercise:
Ball carrier must learn to act quickly after set-up and find new ball
Explanation of the exercise:
- Playmaker exercise.
- Five on one side of the net.
- On the other side, you could also have 5.
- Front left and front right both have a ball.
- Playmaker stands in the middle.
- The left back and right back bring the pass.
- The first ball is thrown by the left back towards the left back.
- At the moment the left back touches the ball, the right back throws the ball to the right back.
- If you have more players, you can choose to change the one who passed with the one who is on hold.
- In this way, the passes reach the defender immediately after each other.
- The pass from the left back is played by the distributor to the left front.
- Immediately after the set-up, do not follow the ball but look for the other pass from the right back and set-up the set-up for the right front.
- Many ball contacts for the playmaker.
- 5 players per field
- 1x setter,
- 2 attackers, left and right,
- 2 defenders, left and right
- Set to LV
- Set ball to RA
- Pass to SV
- Set to RV
- Set ball to LA
- Pass to SV
- If the game is running, it can be beaten (quietly).
- With >5 players per side, pass in turns.
- After 5 balls each attacker must turn 1 place.
- 1 ball per pair,
- replay in a pair
- Technique explanation,
- variation: only overhand/only underhand.
- Line up for trainer, trainer at the net.
- Player throws the ball, trainer plays/throws it back.
- Then player passes to trainer.
- Trainer throws the ball over the net.
- Player retrieves ball and closes in back.
- NB! Ball speed is increasing until ball is hit.