Volleyball drills for passing / defense / reception
- Player serves ball.
- Passing to setter
- Setup gives ball back
- Defense to setup
- setup for attack
- Down ball or free ball is called
- Defence to setup
- quick pass to attacker
extension with block board
This exercise is for the pass and playmaker.
- 1 must save
- 3 passers
- 1 playmaker
The game proceeds as follows:
- Ball is passed to the distributor. Distributor must play the ball into the basket.
- Players turn except for distributor.
- you have 2 passers on ra and la
- trainer throws/serves the ball over the net to the 2 passers.
- after having called loose, pass the ball to sv on 2/3
- sv gives set up to lv
- someone on the other side of the net tries to block and otherwise retrieve the ball
- move up one spot at a time
- On both sides of the net there is a row of players. The first has no ball and the others do.
- Player 1 stands next to player 2.
- Player 2 smashes the ball on the ground.
- Player 1 runs after the ball and makes sure he/she is standing still when he/she has to pass. Player 1 plays the ball up in front of himself and catches it. Rejoins the back of the line.
- Player 3 smashes for player 2
- etc. etc.
See picture. Each team 2 balls. 2 players at the net a few meters apart, other player in the backfield.
- Exercise 1: Players take turns throwing the ball, player in the backfield plays the ball back underhand.
- Exercise 2: First ball comes deep, second ball comes short
- Exercise 3: Throwers stand a little further apart and throw straight: player with ball on the sideline throws deep, other throws short.
After x-number of balls or after a certain time swap places.
- 2 rows of players
- 1 row on the left back
- 1 row at the right back
- create with 4 pawns a virtual line where they have to stand behind
- trainer stands at the other side of the net and throws the ball somewhere in the field.
- 1 of the 2 front rows calls LOS orIK (agree who takes short or deep)
- This player passes the ball over the net to the previous player.
- catch a round for the next player
- If you did not have the ball, join the shortest row.
- Passing over:
- Ball always goes to the middle player
- Overhand pass. Middle player must play backwards and turn around immediately!
- Pass underhand. Middle player must play backwards and turn around immediately!
- Peppering where the pass goes to the middle player who sets it up.
- Diving balls indicated by middle player
- Plays the ball overhand to number 3,
- Is a reserve & takes the place of number 3,
- Passes to number 4
- Catch the ball and join behind number 5,
- Passes the ball to number 4, catches the ball and joins behind number 5, plays the ball overhand to number 7,
- Is a reserve & takes the place of number 7
- Passes to number 8,
- Catch the ball and rejoin number 1.
Addition: after catching the ball, touch the wall.
(In the 'overhand' rows/ at the passers if necessary reserve players)
ball track = letters of the alphabet