Volleyball drills for passing / defense / reception
Moving as long as you can is for me the moment the attacker is about to hit the ball. At that moment the defender makes a split step and you make sure the focus of your body is being brought forward. So do not move backwards when the ball is hit, because your focus point is behind you and you will be too late to defend the ball before you.
If the ball is defended, finish rally.
- A serves to B.
- B passes the ball to the playmaker, who then plays a high ball in the back field.
- B defends this ball back to the playmaker, which gives a set up for A.
- A attacks to this set up.
After the attack, A takes the place of B, and B will be reserve. The playmaker remains.
The outside attackers use one playmaker and the left side of the field. The centre attackers and the diagonal attackers use the right side with a different playmaker.
- After the service, A takes a second ball.
- After the attack of B, A throws this ball into the field.
- B plays this ball to the playmaker, the playmaker gives a set up
- B attacks again.
Pass and overarm exercise
- Player A and A1 have the ball.
- This player throws the ball to player B/B1
- Player B/B1 passes the ball back 'perfectly'
- Player A/A1 then plays the ball in the basket.
- Player A/A1 picks up the ball and joins the back of the line. You follow your ball
The tempo is automatic and can be increased. Make it harder by letting player B pass elsewhere, so player A has aim for the basket. Other option: Player A throws to a more difficult spot in the field.
| If you put pressure on the opponent with your service and attack, the balls easily get over the net. It is a must to process these balls properly and (quickly) set up another attack. Precision is of the highest importance. The responsibilities have to be clear and taken by the players. It has to be clear for whom the easy ball is and who passes it. The place to which the ball is passed must also be clear.|
The speed of the rally pass is also of importance. Particularly when the playmaker is forward, you can pass the ball quicker to the net. Closer to the net, you pass the ball a bit higher, so everybody has time to prepare for the attack.
Coach throws ball in to the six. They build up an attack
The six have to score from the rally pass. The four have to prevent this by blocking the ball and defend.
When the 6 have 5 points, change.
Estimate ball trajectory, shuffle, stand still, shoulders correctly, and pass properly.
- 3 players are at the net/ 3 meter line.
- 1 catcher
- Trainer hits the ball
- players shuffle backwards and pass to 2/3 players
- catcher catches and puts ball in box.
- passer to catcher
- empty space is filled
- 2 pairs 1 ball
- the one pitches NEXT to the body
- the other passes
- Pay attention that the one shoulder goes down and the other shoulder goes up
- Do make a plank
- The most service passes are pitched next to the body
- pairs with 1 ball.
- Pass with 1 arm and every time a bounce in between.
- Alternate left and right.
- Pay attention that they correctly turn their body, as in tennis.
- Player stands with bucket above head at the net
- You can move a little, but not bend over!
- Player with bucket remains for 1 round
- Trainer is on the end line/or in the middle of the field with 2 lines players:
- 3 players with ball (with trainer)
- 3 without ball (on the end line)
- Player with ball pushes ball in hands trainer
- Trainer randomly throws ball in field and player dunks ball in bucket
- in the bucket is a point
- player takes his own ball and joins line with ball
- walk back around
- in the bucket is a point
- Make increasingly difficult!
- 2 lines of players
- 1 line left in the back
- 1 line right in the back
- create a virtual line with 4 cones behind which they have to line up
- trainer is on the other side of the net   and throws the ball somewhere in the field
- 1 of 2 most front in the line callsLET GO or IK (agree)
- this player passes the ball over the net to the previous player
- a round of catching for the next
- If you did not have the ball, join the shortest line