Volleyball drills for passing / defense / reception
Three balls per two players.
- Throw your own ball and catch it again.
- Third ball is tested over and over again
- Same as in jump pass
- Trainer strikes ball at pos 1,6.
- Players bring the pass --> SV --> AV.
- Other side defends ball and completes rally
- Space through on both sides
- 2 pairs on both sides of the net with 1 ball
- The ball is played back and forth in threes;
- The back player passes, the front player sets, the back player comes in and plays the ball easily over the net.
- The players at the other side do the same
- Front and back players rotate every time the ball is played over the net.
- After that, a simple attacking stroke and possibly a hard attacking stroke can be added.
- 2 rows of players
- 1 row on the left back
- 1 row at the right back
- Create with 4 pawns a virtual line where they must stand behind
- Trainer stands at the other side of the net and throws the ball somewhere in the field
- One of the two front row players calls LOS orI (let's agree)
- This player passes the ball over the net to the previous player.
- Catch a round for the next player
- If you did not have the ball, join the shortest row
- 2 balls per 3 players.
- Player A serves, immediately after the serve the server throws the second ball to the server,
- Player B takes reception to the distributor.
- The distributor is the one who runs after the lost balls, the server tries to play a good number of balls to the receiver.
- Passing after, either 1 minute, or 15 receptions, or 5 + receptions (with max of e.g. 20)
- throw underhand,
- private storage,
- float serve,
- attack stroke,
- plinth serve
- mandatory underhand,
- compulsory overhead,
- start from knee up,
- start 2m left of centre,
- start at 3m,
- start at 8m...
- Storage-Reception exercise
- Targeted serve to position 5-6
- Set-up to position 4, followed by attack (street) and drop ball.
- Reception players and setter move to cover and defend the ball high, centrally in the 3-meter zone.
- Best to provide spare balls to keep the pace high!
- Service at position 1
- Pass on position 5/6 to playmaker
- Playmaker returns to the sideline
- Passer passes to the playmaker.
- Set-up to the outside, attack to position 5
- After service the server goes to defend
During home practice with 3 people, change after 10 services
During regular practice continuously rotate, and play on both left and right side of the field.
- Make groups of three, one with the ball.
- One throws the ball over the net into a 3x3m square, the passer stands in that square and passes the ball to the net where it is caught.
- Provide a second ball for a faster game.
- After ten balls turn around.
- Possibly start with catching then build up to playing.
- This can be done in threes or fours.
- One player in the middle for threes, two in the middle for fours.
- Two players have a ball, one near the net and one near the back line.
- Player (red) in the middle stands a maximum of two meters in front of a player with the ball.
- Player with ball throws to centre, who passes back and moves to other player who just threw the ball.
- Next player throws ball to centre player (white), who passes back, then moves to other player.
- After ten passes change position.
- In a four-team team, two players in the middle who pass at the same time and change position to pass.