Volleyball drills for passing / defense / reception
- Trainer with ball carrier at position 5/6.
- Players at 5 and other field also at 5 with 2 reserves.
- Trainer throws up the ball and the player hits that ball to position 5 on the other field.
- Player there passes the ball and the attacker tries to catch the ball.
- Passer joins behind with "attackers" and reserve becomes passer.
- "Attacker" becomes reserve.
1 trio is on field A and 1 trio on field
B. On both fields one trio is on reserve
:Tr. "serves" the ball to field A: pass-set-up-attackOn
field B the ball is defended and caught in max 3 contactsBall
is placed in the ball pitAfter
the service pass the trio runs on to field B and becomes a reserveThe
trio on field A becomes a reserve on field A.
Immediately after the action the reserve trios enter the field.
: Now 2 trios on field
BLoop becomes: fitting trio becomes blocking trioBlocking
trio becomes defending trioThe
defending trio becomes reserve on field
AThe reserve on field A passes and attacks
- The passer sits in a chair.
- The ball is thrown to this passer.
- As soon as the ball is thrown, the passer dives for the ball and the ball is played back to the thrower.
- Divide the team into two groups and have them form two rows facing each other on the 3 meter line.
- Have the players play over the net and then run around the net post to join the other group.
- Place a speedfoot ladder on one side, parallel to the sideline, and have the players do an exercise through the ladder before joining the row.
- It is possible to extend this with block jumps, attacking passes or strength exercises.
- Important is that the ball should not fall on the ground, communication is important.
- If necessary, add a sanction when the ball falls on the ground.
- Alternate between underhand and overhand.
- Basically an exercise to play well BH, but also with an "attacking idea".
- Line up 2 players with ball and 1 without ball on position 5/6 on field B.
- Line-up of 4 players on position 6 on field A.
- There is also a player on position 2/3 and at the net on position 4.
- Working method:
- On field B the player in front throws/strikes the ball to the first players on field A and then closes the gap on field A.
- The OHpasses theball high to the players on 2/3.
- The latter plays the ball BH toposition 4, first going to "attack coverage" and then taking position 4.
- As soon as the ball leaves 2/3, the player on 4 moves to the 3m-line.
- Then, after a short "run", this player plays the ball BH to the player without the ball on field B.
- This player catches the ball and closes in at the back of field B.
- 2 groups of 4 boys
- Per group 2 balls
- One is passing, one is catching and two are ready at the other side of the net.
- Everyone has to make 5 good passes, then change.
- To prevent miscommunication in the field by keeping appointments.
- Pass setup with 4 passers.
- Left hand rule everything that comes right in front and left of you is yours.
- In addition, the outside passers have the short balls that fall in the middle of the field.
- Trainer stands at the other side of the net and starts throwing balls at conflicting places.
- If this goes well, the trainer will hit the balls.
- On the place of the defender there is a catcher who will be relieved after 3 minutes.
- Part 2:
- There is a five-man line-up.
- So a playmaker, a center, a slide and 2 passers/runners.
- The playmaker comes from the right back.
- On the other side are 3 blockers and 1 defender.
- The coach serves to the fivesome.
- The playmaker of the fivesome is only allowed to pass to the attackers who are calling for the ball.(Goal: everyone asks for the ball)
- The rally is played out.
- Serve from p1 on 2 or 3 players. (p1, p6)
- Sv on p2/3.
- Attacker on P4B opposite block P2A.
- Libero on P5A and defender on P6B.
- Process service pass into attack on 4.
- If score, serve again. (max 2x)
- If defended, pass to OH and attack again.
- Passer becomes attacker, attacker becomes block, then defender, then server.
- Server goes to reserve passer.
- Player A serves to player B, who does reception for himself and catches.
- Player C passes to player D, D gives a pass so C can attack.
- Player E does defense on the attack of player C and plays the ball to player F on the mat.