Volleyball drills for passing / defense / reception
- Exercise in competition form, 2 teams of 3 players against each other.
- 3 contacts before the ball is played over the net.
- First contact is OH reception, second contact may be played with replacement technique (unlike normal first contact).
- Replacement technique goes to SV.
- SV makes high pass, which is tested over.
- field is divided in 2 parts
- on side 1 are 1 playmaker, the libero and the middle attackers
- on side 2 are the other players
- there are on each side 1 attacker and 1 blocker and a server.
- depending on the number of players there is 1 passer or 2 passers.
- the purpose of this exercise is to get in agreement with the distributor which ball you want to play.
- With the middle players we will practice on the 'rise' balls and other variations such as the 'neck'.
- Trainer stands in the corner of the field at the net.
- Two teams, one player on each side of the coach.
- Trainer bounces the ball in the field, two players have to get the ball to the distributor.
- Pay attention to the turn in pass attitude and I-call.
- (If all goes well, distributor can give set-up to trainer or player of team).
- 2 playmakers who alternately set uppen
- 2 passers.
- The person who does not pass attacks.
- Communicate well whether the ball should go outside or back.
- The rest stands behind the field and takes the place of the attacker.
- extend with blocking
- 2 rows behind the back line.
- First 2 stand in the field.
- Trainer brings in ball.
- Pass left player towards position 2/3 then setup of right player.
- The passer goes to attack on own side of the court.
- The setupper does attack coverage.
- The two teams rotate to form a new pair.
- Extension: There are now 2 attackers at the net.
- The rest do exactly the same as before.
- Attackers come back from the net after the coach has brought in the ball.
- The setup always goes to the opposite corner from the set-upper.
- Pass from the right back, then left back setup on the right front.
- Set-upper covers and takes the place of the attacker.
- The passer remains standing and so does the non-offending player.
C attacks diagonally on 3 and 4- 1 and 2 after the block attack
3 and 4 defend, playmaker comes in
set-up to 1,2 or 3, attack to 3 defenders.
These defend for themselves and put the ball in the box.
- Five players at the net with a ball...
- 2 on pos, 2 --- 1 on pos. 3 --- 2 on pos.4
- Rest without the ball on position 5
- Pos. 2 hits the first defender on pos. 5, who runs in for a defensive ball on pos. 6 and with a shuffle to pos.
- 1 to defend a batted ball from pos. 4.
- Pos 2 and 4 take turns hitting.
- Defenders continue to defend.
- Trainer throws ball, player catches ball and puts it in the cart.
- After this the player goes to the ladder. Here he goes through it and joins the next row.
- Throwing the ball in a difficult way (left and right, front and back).
- Playing underhand and catching for themselves.
- Two players stand ready next to each other and have to call loose.
- A setupper comes on and has to catch the underhand ball.
- An attacker arrives and has to play the ball from the setupper over the net.
- Group split into two groups of 5, field divided into two halves'.
- on each side a bench on the back line with cones on it. (opposite sides)
- 3 players leave on the back line, 1 reserve, 1 service on other side of the field.
- A serve is given to the three players: reception - pass - touch over net.
- when the player has played the ball the players walk to the side where the bench is: reception - pass - hit to the cones
- Which team hits the most cones off the bench?