Volleyball drills for serving
- 2 teams.
- All teams have 8 pawns.
- You try to hit the pawns of the other team, if you succeed you may pick up the pawn and put it next to your own pawns.
- Who has the most pawns after a certain number of minutes, has won.
- Ball route:
- Player 1 serves to player 3.
- 3 passes the ball on 2/3 to player 4.
- Player 4 gives set-up.
- Player 3 comes for the attack.
- He hits straight ahead or diagonally.
- Agree on beforehand.
- Server (player 1) defends this ball.
- Walking route:
- After player 1 serves, player 2 serves.
- Player 3 and 4 exchange tasks.
- When one side has served twice (player 1 and 2).
- Player 3 and 4 start serving.
- Player 1 and 2 attack and defend.
- Serve in pairs over the net from the (back) line.
- If necessary divide over 2 fields.
- Distribute the hoops on one side of the net.
- Child with ball in serving position, other stands in a hoop on the other side.
- If the ball can be caught without stepping out of the hoop, the hoop is won.
- After each serve change position, until there are no more hoops.
- Which team collects the most hoops?
- 2 balls per 3 players.
- Player A serves, immediately after the serve the server throws the second ball to the server,
- Player B takes reception to the distributor.
- The distributor is the one who runs after the lost balls, the server tries to play a good number of balls to the receiver.
- Passing after, either 1 minute, or 15 receptions, or 5 + receptions (with max of e.g. 20)
- throw underhand,
- private storage,
- float serve,
- attack stroke,
- plinth serve
- mandatory underhand,
- compulsory overhead,
- start from knee up,
- start 2m left of centre,
- start at 3m,
- start at 8m...
- Storage-Reception exercise
- Targeted serve to position 5-6
- Set-up to position 4, followed by attack (street) and drop ball.
- Reception players and setter move to cover and defend the ball high, centrally in the 3-meter zone.
- Best to provide spare balls to keep the pace high!
- All players stand outside the court behind the back line.
- They throw the ball up at their own pace/height and serve over the net.
- Extend: Practice targeted serving.
- Put 1 or 2 hoops in the field and let the players serve to them.
- You can practice with:
- Overhand serve
- Underhand serves
- Float serves
- Jump serve
- In pairs 3 metres apart (practise storage),
- Then stand further apart: 4 - 5 - 6 m
- Throwing with hands, body stationary
Side a: formationSide
b: someone position 6 - position 5 and position 1
: Side a gets every ball against and tries to score from this situation.
- First ball: serve side b
- Second ball: freeball coming from side b (side b builds up and tries to pass "difficult" freeball)
- Third ball: attack position 6
- Third ball: attack position 1
- Side a is not allowed to place the ball in the 3m line at side b, everything behind the 3.
- But side b is allowed to attack in the 3m line.
- Let's see how easy it goes.
Per 3 - working in rows - 1 ball
- 1 person on 3 meter line with ball - serve
- 1 person at the net - catch the ball
- 1 person on 3 meter line without ball - reception
- Hit 10 balls per person - float
- First ball: serve from 3 meters to reception at 3 meters
- Second ball: pass from 5 meter to reception at 5 meter
- Third ball: pass from backline to reception at 5 meter