Volleyball drills for serving
There are two teams. These teams serve against each other. So you have to do the field vertically through the middle. On the picture you see what the left team has to do. The right team does the same but a little further to the right. The intention is to hit the person sitting down. This person has to put his butt on the ground and catch the ball without bouncing.
There is a person sitting on the other side of the table, just behind the net, on the right front side. The goal is to hit this person. You do this with your group until you succeed. If it succeeds, the server moves to the back right and the person in front of the net joins the row to serve as well. If the serve is successful and the person at the back can catch the ball without a bounce, the server may sit in the middle of the front row. If the server has a good serve on him, he will sit at the back mid court.
-->All positions are from the server's point of view on the other side of the net.
You can do that twice in a row, but you can also do that they have won if they have had all 4 positions. So it's a competition to see which of the two teams gets all 4 positions the quickest.
- serve each side of the field.
- The aim is to knock over all pawns. The side that succeeds first wins.
- If you have an odd number of players, you put down the number of pawns that make up the team.
- for example 4 for 5
The players are divided into equal teams and lined up on the serving area of the same half of the game, with each team having a passer and a catcher on the opposite side.
- The first player of a team serves.
- After passing and catching, catcher throws the ball to the next server (or becomes a server himself).
- Catch joins server, passer becomes catcher
- If emphasis is on service: wrong serve means again.
- If emphasis is on passing: wrong pass means stay put (again).
If the teams are small, it is nice to have everyone serve two or three times.
- Minimum of 6 players
- As many balls as there are teams
- 1 person strikes out.
- On the opposite side 3 defenders and one person in the middle to catch the ball.
- Start from the back line. Ball must hit playmaker.
- Teach them to stand still when taking the ball.
Serving on Mat
Players at one end of the field, at designated places a mat.
- Players get 5 points.
- Each service into the net subtracts one point.
- Each service on the mat scores 1 point.
- Each service on the ball pyramid (3 balls against each other and one on top) adds 3 points.
- The first player to reach 10 points wins. If you have 0 points you are out and you have to pass on balls.
- It is important to concentrate on the service and take your time.
- Put two a players between the back mat, they may pass all balls that come next to the mat.
- Pass these balls into the hands of the Trainer. (Passers get one point and the server one point deduction.
- Who is first to reach the 10, the passers or the servers!
- Each trio has a mat.
- This can be placed anywhere in the field.
- On the mat 5 wooden blocks are placed.
- The opponents have to hit the mat with their serve.
- When the mat is hit, a wooden block can be taken from the mat and placed on your own mat.
- The first group to have no more blocks on the mat is the loser (or finished).
Per 2 players, 1 ball and 1 mat
- Player A has the ball.
- Player B holds the mat.
- Player A stands in the correct position for underhand serve.
- Player B slides the mat against player A.
- Player A does an underhand serve.
- Player A makes arm go straight.
- The players take one ball each.
- There are hoops all over the field.
- The players pass from the back line.
- The players try to pass the ball into the hoop.
- Receptionists line up with 3 in the backfield.
- From the other side there is a save, emphasis is on reception and attack, not difficult save.
- Ball is played centrally to playmaker, pass goes to position 4 or 2.
- After the attack move to the serve. First server replaces the player who took the reception.
- Expansion :
- Playmaker at the net in combination with opposit or central striker.