Volleyball drills for setting / overarm technique
- Players with ball throw the ball to the passer.
- The passer tries to catch the ball in the basket.
- Variant: Players with ball touching the ball to the passer
- in 2 rows over the net.
- You play the ball and join your own row.
- When you're finished you go to the field next to it.
- Here you have to play overhand into a basket.
- Only if you succeeded you may return to the main field.
- 4/5 players per group.
- Right back passes to right front who passes to the other player.
- This player catches the ball and closes the row.
- Chasing the ball.
Play the ball overhand
- keep your hands above your head at all times
- catch the ball
- arms 'spring in
- and throw/play straight up by stretching the arms
- Alternate between overhead and underhand
- first throw over the ball (throwing-movement)
- just replay with 2 teams
- Overhand and underhand: short ball oh and long ball oh (15 times each back and forth)
- Variant: in the back 1 time in front of you (10 times each back and forth)
- Variant: in front of the team, play forwards once (OH and then BH); player who runs to and fro always touches the ground before the ball is played (10 times each backwards and forwards)
Play overhand over the net in pairs Then play for yourself and 1 row to the right. First in the queue and then join the next row. At the end of the row pass under the net and join the other side.
This exercise is for sv only.
SV: The trainer throws the ball towards the sv area. The SVs play the ball into the front left basket. The other SV catches the ball and counts the times the basket is hit or passed (better). After 15 balls the players change.
In the second series the trainer makes the ball harder to play.
The other 5 players will do the exercise 'bounce and play in 3 times on 1 side'.
Play in pairs without a net. Both overhead and underhand. Afterwards smash the ball on the ground to practice smashing.
Play in pairs. Play overhead and try to get into the other player's hoop on the other side. Then the other player plays on and the second player tries to play back over the net into the hoop. After that the same underhand.