Volleyball drills for setting / overarm technique
- 3 teams.
- A and B stand at the net and C faces A.
- A throws ball to C, C hits to B and B plays bra bl past the net to A.
- If it goes well A also plays bra to C and so on.
- If it doesn't go well then A takes off and starts again.
- Pay attention to the fact
- the right leg is in front during the setup
- that the right leg is fixed
- and use energy from the left foot
- Turn after 10 x
- 2 teams with 1 ball and with in between.
- Play ball with smooth catching and throwing motion over the net.
- Idem, but now pass overhead.
Aim: Players Setup from 1st time + targeted attack.
- T plays ball high over the net in the attack zone.
- Sv enters from pos.1 and sets up for -or backwards.
- A attacks on the mat/goal.
Expand : Block, middle attack, ...
Each player has their own ball.
- The players will play the ball in front of themselves.
- trainer tells them what to do
- forearm play
- get down on your knees
- make a round on your knees
- lie down and get up again
2. with every exercise you keep on playing
Goal: Libero training and defense
- T plays in tempo the balls to SV.
- SV set-up (2nd tempo) to A (position 3) --> targeted attack to position 1 or to B (position 4) --> targeted attack to position 6.
- L starts from pos 6 + defense to SV2
Extension 1 : After defense from L to SV, set-up to position 4 where C attacks (aimed)
Extension 2 : L2 defended attack from C, C is going to catch ball.
Purpose: peripheral view.
- C plays the ball to L.
- L plays the ball to pos 3/2 --> SV2
- Meanwhile, B3 moves to pos 2 or 4. (draw. to 2)
- SV2 setup to the pos. where there is only one block.
- C goes blocking
- A attacks.
- T plays ball to SV1
- SV1 setup to attacker where there are two blocks.
Extension : field defense.
Goal of the exercise is, the playmaker must try to make sure that on the other side of the net a double block can not be formed.
- T plays the balls at a high pace towards pos. 3.
- SV walks in and gives set-up for -or backwards to fool the block.
- B tries to come to a drawbar block on attack.
- SV passes around T after set-up.
- SV1 & 2 switch positions after each set-up.
- Add field defense. (Liberos)
- B's play ball high back over to attacker passing towards pos 3/2
- Exercise starts again from pass attacker.
The goal of the core is, that the players can play the ball far overhead
- The players face each other in pairs and play overhead
- Hands well above the head, from the legs, body stretching and point towards the ball when releasing
- The players stand further and further apart from each other.
- Then we form two rows diagonally across the field and we play BH, chasing your ball