Volleyball drills for setting / overarm technique
this exercise teaches the players to play 'smart'. Just over the net, or in the back in the corners
explanation is for 6 players
- line 1 of 3 players with ball behind trainer
- rij 2 of 2 players to attack at left forward
- player from line 1 pushes ball in hands trainer, and player immediately walks to reserve position sv
- Trainer throws ball up to centre forward
- Play SV from centre forward the ball overarm on right or left forward (as setup)
- sv walks immediatelyafter playing the ball to the line of attackers
- there are 5 hoops on the other field
- 1 in all corners of the field and 1 in the middle of the field
- player comes in play ball in hoop
- if this works SV AND PLAYER a point
- get own ball, join line servers
- in this exercise it is important to immediately walk on after the action
- Line of players A (+- 4 players) in the middle of a field with a ball
- Player 1 is centre forward and is properly thrown ball by first player from line A
- Player 1 plays ball overarm in the basket
- bend elbows
- stretch elbows and point after ball
- bend elbows
- Player at the basket catches and joins line A.
- virtual circle with 2m diameter around every player
- player throws ball overarm up high for himself
- let the ball bounce 1x in the circle
- and overarm high again
Ball has to go high otherwise it will not bounce enough.
- Player throws ball high to central forward and then gets in line to attack
- if attack is not yet possible, the 3rd ball is played overarm over the net.
- On the forward left, player comes in that gives set up to the flank and there will be the attack.
- Pay attention to the set up:
- ball up
- leggs stretch
- point after the ball
- Set upper keeps hitting (10) balls
- Players are in a square
- A to B, B to C, C to D, D to A
- Pay attention to distance feet
- A and B are opposite each other and both have a ball
- They use one of these balls to play overarm.
- At the same time, they use the other ball to throw in a straight line.
- At the moment A plays the one ball overarm, B throws the other ball towards A, and reverse.
- is also possible in a triangle
- everybody individually plays ball overarm against wall
- pay attention to technique of the hands
- they learn to control the ball
- if possible, indicate a height (height of net + bit extra where the ball should hit the wall
- 'write' a word on the wall with the ball (around 5-7 letters)
- Trainer is in the back of the field with line of players beside him
- Trainer throws the ball in the air and player a comes in, diagonally, and plays the ball to player b at the net, left front.
- Player b catches ball and joined line besides trainer.
- For a large group, make 2 lines beside the trainer and a catcher right forward to keep the tempo up.
- Trainer is in the back of the field.
- Player is positioned right forward and gets ball in the middle from trainer.
- Player comes in and plays the ball in the basket.
- At the moment of letting go, you dive towards the side line.
- Possibly, the player gets a diving ball from a second trainer
- pay attention to sliding on the belly
- Player at the basket catches and joins the line
- Diver will stand at the basket.