Volleyball drills for setting / overarm technique
- Two, one ball.
- One of you lies down on the ground and the other holds the ball above her head.
- Drop the ball and play straight up again. Repeat this 10 times and then change.
- Extension: let the players roll on the ground.
- Now change after 6 times.
- Striking under the net
- Over the net
- Control key
- Bottom hand - Top hand
- Bottom hand (1x contact)
- Overhand (1x contact)
: The one who has given the pass remains standing
- Reception - pass - pass with touch
- Reception - pass - pass with technical + targeted attack
- Reception - pass - pass over with attack and go for point - play out point.
Two rows on the 3m line, edge of the field.
- Pass the ball in a zigzag and follow through.
- Overhand pass
- 1 player overhead, 1 player underhand
- In the lower hands 1x for yourself, pass in the upper hands
- Mandatory 1x for yourself, controlled pass
- It is only allowed to play overhand
- Before the ball goes over the net each player must have hit the ball once (so in total the ball is played 3 times).
- A goal can only be scored inside the 3-meter line. If the ball falls outside the field, or behind the 3-meter line, it is a point for the opponent.
Nice exercise to learn to place the ball overhead within the 3-meter range and to play your teammates with precision overhead.
The one who makes a mistake is replaced by the reserve.
start with tennis balls
- mark 2 zones on the field in the backfield
- take steps from the 3 meter line and throw the tennis ball with attack technique.
- exercise can be made more difficult with volleyball
- try to own throw + stroke
- pass + stroke
Exercise on stroke
- per 2 players one hoop and one tennisball
- try to play the tennis ball into the hoop with an overhand throw, pay attention to the wrist movement
- the difficulty can be determined by increasing the distance to the hoop.
- afterwards with a volleyball
- next step throw and hit yourself
- Player A throws ball over the net.
- Player B or C passes the ball over the net.
- The other player quickly runs under the net and sets up the ball for the same player who passed.
- This player tries to get a pawn off the bench with overhand play or a hitting move.
Which pair or team has knocked the most pawns off the bench after X number of minutes?
- Four players make a large square.
- In the middle is E.
- These players are the link between two triangles.
- In both triangles the ball goes around.
- And E plays the ball overhead in those two triangles.
- With more than one player, change corner players.
- Variant 1: E can choose to whom he passes the ball back.
- Variant 2: The corner players play overhand to each other, but underarm to E.
- Three players stand in a triangle.
- The one who does NOT get the ball moves to the opposite side next to the other player.
- Again, the one who does not get the ball moves.
- Start simple by first playing the ball up in front of yourself and then serving one of the other two players.
- The one who does not get the ball moves to the other side
- Later on, make it more difficult by taking away the play-up part
- Finally, you pass in front of yourself and hit the ball in a controlled way.
- Super exercise for getting very tired very quickly.