Volleyball drills for setting / overarm technique
- Groups of three players.
- Two behind each other, at four metres another one.
- The first one of the pair throws the ball to the player in front of him, this one does a check and then passes to the third player and so on.
- Pass the ball every time.
- Two teams.
- Throw the ball in front of yourself with a bounce and then come under the ball and pass overhead to the other.
- pairs all one ball
- 1 plays overhead
- other catches the ball
- We do this with two balls.
- We play 3 against 3 on a half field,
- and attack (aimed and not hard),
- After playing the ball, everyone rotates a position.
- When the ball lands on the ground,
- just bring it in by playing overhand, NOT serving.
- If there are too many players, then 1 in the waiting room to come in for the pass.
- The players line up at position 5 with ball,
- a set-upper at position 2/3,
- one attacker at position 4.
- 1 player stays out of the rotation for a while and sits on a chair in the middle at the other side of the court with 6 sheets (on them number 1 to 6).
- The players are going to build up an attack,
- position 5 throws the ball,
- position 2/3 gives a set-up
- and position 4 passes the ball over.
- The player at the other side of the net, when the set-upper plays the ball, holds up one of the six leaves with number.
- The attack must pay attention to this and play the ball on the spot indicated by the player on the chair.
- 5 - 1 line-up,
- 3 players on the serving side
- and 5 players on the defensive side.
- Trainer (Libero) defends on POS VI,
- Passeur stands at POS I and then 3 attackers at POS II, III (mid) and IV.
- 3 defenders on the other side and try to defend the ball, we play the rally on!
- It is allowed to block.
Side b: Marie on position 6 - Diede on position 5
:The first set ball, Marie's serve, is played quietly to Marie and Diede. Diede and Marie play over and then it's about the point.
Side a is obliged to play diagonally (position 4) or in the street (position 2).
- Ball 1: serve Marie
- Ball 2: Free ball to Marie, Marie plays free over
- Ball 3: attack Marie
gets 3 balls, at least 2 of them MUST be scored. If no 2 balls scored, 5 sit-ups
Side a: 3 persons - position 1 - 6 - 5
Side b: 3 persons - position 1 - 6 - 5
- Person on position 1 succeeds on
- Reception, pass, attack: REQUIRED DIAGONAL
- Play out until someone makes point
Then, Diede plays a freeball from each side.
Turn over position after 3 hits on each side
- Go for every ball
- At 'easy' ball that falls, everyone pumps 10x
- players stand in a row with ball
- 1 without ball (distributor) at the net (right front)
- Trainer throws in the ball
- distributor plays the ball to the left-outside of the basket (set up outside)
- distributor runs after his own ball and then joins the back of the row
PURPOSE: get the ball as far as possible to the outside-left (you can always add a mid-position if it goes well)