Volleyball drills for system
- In the field there is a team formation.
- After each service rally finish and turn around a spot, so everyone knows his place.
- After that a game of 6 against 4.
Explaining how to play with 2 fixed divisors.
- Explain clearly what the starting position is, where you are allowed to stand and where you are not.
- Then start with one distributor at position 1-6-5 and one distributor at 2-3-4.
- Play the game 3 against 6.
- The 6 players play the whole circulation with 2 fixed distributors.
- Attention: Changing distributors every time.
- On one side of the net there are 6 players. (If they are having trouble with the set up, the trainer can take over this spot).
- The remaining players stand on the other side of the net.
- They start the game, by serving.
- The 6 players build an attack. Pass/Set up/Smash.
- Just play the point.
- Full turn at the smash.
- Communication by calling LOS, good pass.
- The goal of this exercise is to tactically put away or hit the ball.
- This by means of a tap ball on midmid, or a ball deep on position 1.
- By using baskets you can create a 'constant' block, which eventually can be replaced by a real block.
- The pawns at position 1 can best be replaced by a cupboard, over which the ball must fall, over the 'defender'.
- The trainer hits a ball, or plays a ball in, which is first passed to the distributor,
- the playmaker gives a set-up to the outside.
- The attacker decides whether to try a short passed ball at midmid (where there is a hoop),
- or looks for position 1 with a hit or a fast overhand ball.
- 2 players on 5
- 3 players on 3
- 3 players out of 4
- Trainer throws the ball to 5, they pass to 3 in turn, they play BH Set Up to 4 attack.
- Players on 4 retrieve the ball. After 6 attacks turn around and chase the ball.
- Variation. SV starts from position 4 or 2, runs to 3 for the Set Up.
Depending on the number of players :
- 6 against 2 (or 3 with trainer)
- 4 against 4
- 5 against 3 (or 4 with trainer)
- assignment may be:
- obligatory to play 3 times,
- end with a smash
- 2nd ball (distributor) must be overhand.
C throws a ball to A or B
Set up a block on that side
Pass the ball over the block to the defence
Attacking from the middle
Change after 10 balls Variation: attack on outside or behind
- Ball is served.
- Pass by 1/5/6.
- Set-up by 1, but on a first pass by 1 set-up by 2.
- After set-up an attack by 2/3/4, but on a set-up by 2 only an attack by 3/4.
- After service 2 (or more) players walk into the court to play.
- Ball/ralley is played all the way out.
- NB: FOCUS IS ON THE SERVICE PASS!
- A serves ball to B.
- B passes ball to server.
- Play distributor plays ball between the 7- and 9-meter line. (B runs there in the mean time)
- B passes ball to server again.
- Distributor sets up the ball.
- B attacks ball straight ahead.
- A passes this ball up in front of himself and catches the ball.
- Server becomes passer, passer becomes playmaker, playmaker becomes server.