Volleyball drills for system
- 2 players on 5
- 3 players on 3
- 3 players out of 4
- Trainer throws the ball to 5, they pass to 3 in turn, they play BH Set Up to 4 attack.
- Players on 4 retrieve the ball. After 6 attacks turn around and chase the ball.
- Variation. SV starts from position 4 or 2, runs to 3 for the Set Up.
Depending on the number of players :
- 6 against 2 (or 3 with trainer)
- 4 against 4
- 5 against 3 (or 4 with trainer)
- assignment may be:
- obligatory to play 3 times,
- end with a smash
- 2nd ball (distributor) must be overhand.
C throws a ball to A or B
Set up a block on that side
Pass the ball over the block to the defence
Attacking from the middle
Change after 10 balls Variation: attack on outside or behind
- Ball is served.
- Pass by 1/5/6.
- Set-up by 1, but on a first pass by 1 set-up by 2.
- After set-up an attack by 2/3/4, but on a set-up by 2 only an attack by 3/4.
- After service 2 (or more) players walk into the court to play.
- Ball/ralley is played all the way out.
- NB: FOCUS IS ON THE SERVICE PASS!
- A serves ball to B.
- B passes ball to server.
- Play distributor plays ball between the 7- and 9-meter line. (B runs there in the mean time)
- B passes ball to server again.
- Distributor sets up the ball.
- B attacks ball straight ahead.
- A passes this ball up in front of himself and catches the ball.
- Server becomes passer, passer becomes playmaker, playmaker becomes server.
- The attack comes from the right
- The middle and diagonal blocks, the outside attacker comes to the middle, the upper comes to the front
- The trainer hits the ball, we go to our position and defend the ball from the trainer.
- To be extended by finishing the attack. Think of tactical hit or pricked balls. (central, position 1, position 5)
- side A: team set-up, other people on the other side.
- Service from side A
- Team on side B must hit the first two attacks,
- 3rd attack may only be hit,
- Puncture where critical in defense.
- A throws/serves at B
- B plays at C
- C sets up and B plays over the net
- Run after own ball
- Trainer throws the ball to the middle player
- He passes to SV
- SV gives setup
- Offender plays the ball SLIMLY over the net.
- so just over the net
- OR in the back of the field in the corners
- Place the hoop and force the player to play there (in 1 corner at a time). Afterwards with defender in that corner. Catch own ball and pass to trainer.
- Attacker catches the ball and puts it with trainer (in the box).
- Everyone turns 1 spot at a time (runs after own ball).
- Give instructions all the time