Volleyball drills for warming-up
- Everyone lines up in a plank position.
- The first person in the row
- rolls the ball under the others,
- goes to the other end of the line,
- rolls the ball back and joins them in plank position.
- The new first person takes the ball and does the same.
- In this way the different groups have to cover a certain distance as quickly as possible.
Setup: 2 to 4 people in the square (made by, for example, 4 benches) with the balls, the rest around them.
- The people in the square throw the balls out of the square.
- The people around the square fetch the balls and throw/put them back in the square.
- The 'side' which, at the stop signal, has the least balls, has won.
variation on Kings Court: winners move to winners field, losers move out and 3 new players move in.
- 3 players per half (whole field)
- trainer puts 1st ball in field of new team
- max 2 plays per half
- no smashing, no jumping, no lobs
- communication per team is a necessity
- The whole field must be defended (is feasible).
- balls coming from the other side are not hard but placed.
- player1 throws in from behind the net:(3players)
- 2 teams on the back line on the stomach
- Player1 hits the ball, 2 players stand up and coach attacks one of the pair defends, nr. 2 sets up and nr. 3 attacks
- after that next 2 team player1 with player 2 etc.
- 2x around the field
- 3 times back and forth in a running pace to the net
- 3 times back and forth in runner's stride to the net, waving your arms while walking
- Cross walk to the net 3x (waving your arms along)
- 3x back and forth sideways to the net (arms swinging)
Everyone has a ball.
- Playing ball for themselves underhand.
- Play ball for oneself overhead.
- Play ball for oneself underhand with only the left arm.
- Play ball for yourself underhand with only the right arm.
- Play ball for self overhead with only the left hand.
- Play ball for oneself overhead with only the right hand.
- Play ball for oneself overhead and underhand alternately.
- Line up for trainer, trainer at the net.
- Player throws the ball, trainer plays/throws it back.
- Then player passes to trainer.
- Trainer throws the ball over the net.
- Player retrieves ball and closes in back.
- NB! Ball speed is increasing until ball is hit.
- As a warming-up we play triangle tag.
- This game is played in groups of 4.
- The ticker must make sure that he can tick a specific other person.
- However, the ticker is blocked by the 2 other players who are holding the victim's hands.
- The 3 non-tappers stand in a triangle.
- Make two teams.
- One player of the pair lies on one half, the other on the other half.
- The ball lies under the net, exactly in the middle, in between.
- At the signal of the coach, both players stand up, run to the back line of the field where they are lying.
- Then they run to the ball and pick it up.
- The one who picks up the ball (first), wins a point.