Volleyball drills for warming-up
- There's a line on either side of the net.
- You run to the cap in the corner of the field, from there you go sideways to the next cap.
- From there you go sideways to the next cap.
- To the first cap you can also: lift the knee, heel-leg, cross pass, etc.
- Speed ladder is from the back line towards the net, in the middle of the field.
- Players move every round with a different movement pattern for the footwork through the speed ladder towards the net, then a block at position 3, move to position 2 or 4 (alternate) and a block again there.
- Then immediately step out to the defensive position on the 3-m line (with the cross move, immediately adopt a low stance and weight on the front feet).
- After the defensive position there are two options: either shuffle backwards towards the baseline or make a dive/roll towards the baseline. Optionally, an attack pass can be made towards the net first (with movement to the starting position for the attack pass).
- Depending on the team and their fitness level, increase the number of rounds the players have to make.
- The coach places a ball on the halfway line.
- On both sides of the net stands a team behind the backline.
- The players must try, by throwing/rolling balls against the ball on the half way line, to get the ball over the back line of the other team.
- The defending players can only stop the ball by throwing/rolling against it.
- 2 teams,
- 1 with ball at the net,
- 1 without ball on the backline flat on belly.
- Attacker calls his name, defender defends the ball (underhand thrown ball)
- Then short ball on 3 meter line.
- change after 10 balls
A short but intensive warming up to get the heart rate up and warm up properly.
This is completely without the ball.
- To start this warming-up we first start with 2 to 3 laps around the field.
- This is to warm up the muscles a little bit.
- Then we stand in a circle.
- And do the following exercises in order with a 10 count rest each time
- 30 sec Jumping jacks; bend knees towards each other.
- 30 sec Penalty bench; with the back against the wall and knees in an angle of 90 degrees.
- 30 sec Push-ups; touch the ground with the nose.
- 30 sec ...; from lying down position, jump and stretch, lie down again.
- 30 sec Planks; do 2x.
- 30 sec alternating Lunges; do 2x; alternating.
Players split into pairs.
- 2-2 play on a half court. Up to the 9-yard line.
- Only above and below the line.
- See point 1 + directed attack.
- Pass the ball by service.
All stand in one big circle.
Take turns calling out a command; "command.....!"
After 5 commands 30 seconds of alternating straight, left and right.
A varied warm-up where 6 benches standing next to each other with each +/-2-3m between them form the basis. See videos for exercises. It is a varied selection of exercises: running, running, jumping and strength exercises with and without a ball. Depending on the target group, you can choose the exercises.
1. 2 players start at the same time. One slaloms around the benches by starting on the right, the other by starting on the left.
- Forward in a run
- Give high-fives every time they cross each other.
- Every time they cross each other jump and hit each other's hands.
2. Same as 1, only it's not a slalom, but you meet in the middle every time.
- Lean on one knee and join hands. Then back again and walk around the bench.
3. 2 players remain simultaneously. Grab bench with two hands. Do legs over the bench three times. Then move to next bench and so on.
4. Same as 3, but they cross each other. Every bench one changes from left to right.
5. You jump as 3, once over the bench. Sit with your back against the bench. Grasp the bench with your arms. Legs stretched. Do 1 push up.
6. Same as 5, but you cross each other. Each bench is alternated between left and right.
Grasp the bench with your hands and your body stretched out. You make 1 push up. And jumps once over the bench.
8. Same as 7, but you cross each other. Each bank switches from left to right.
9. Combination of 6 and 8. Start at the first bench with a push forward, the next bench backward and so on until the last bench. In between they cross.
10. One jumps leg by leg over the benches in a running pace.
11. Same as 10, but they cross each other. Each bench is crossed from left to right.
12. One jumps on the bench. Then from 1 jump spread legs around the bench. You look at each other. Bench up-down-up and through.
13. Same as 12, but they cross each other. Every bench one changes from left to right.
14. Pairs. One player lifts up the bench at the right side. The other player crawls under the bench and grabs the next bench on the left. Now the other player goes under the bench, etc.
Foursomes. In fact the same as 14, only now the bench is grabbed by 2 players on both sides. Then 2 players go under it and hold up the next bench, etc.
- Two groups of 3-4 players in a row on the back line.
- The first one of the group stands in the field and tries to get the ball on the ground on the other side and joins his own row.
- The first one of the group on the other side catches the ball and also tries to throw the ball over the net, scoring.