Volleyball drills for warming-up
- Two rows of pawns, about 3 meters between rows, one pawn every 1.5m.
- Total 8 per row. Players divide into 2 groups and 2 rows,
- 1 line at each row of pawns (possibly 2 extra lines if the group is big).
- Run along the right side of the row, backwards over the left. 3x
- Lift your knees to the front, calmly run back 2x
- Heels/buttons out, calmly back, 2x
- Skater's stride out, slowly back 2x
- Sideways out, sideways back, keeping face the same direction 2x
- Cross pass inwards and backwards, keeping face in the same direction 2x
- 2 pawns in front, 1 back at high speed 2x
- Sprint from pawn to pawn, circle each pawn in short strides.
Group together, 1 row at the right-hand side of the pawns.
- Move sideways between the pawns, touching each pawn 2x
- 4 gives setup on 1 and 1 plays BH to 2. 2 defends to 3,
- 3 sets up 2 and 2 plays BH to 1,
- 1 defends on 4 and it starts all over again.
- After 3 and 4 have given 5 setups they are exchanged,
- The challenge is to do this while keeping the ball in play.
- If this goes well the team will attack technically instead of playing BH.
- Speed ladder is from the back line towards the net, in the middle of the field.
- Players move every round with a different movement pattern for the footwork through the speed ladder towards the net, then a block at position 3, move to position 2 or 4 (alternate) and a block again there.
- Then immediately step out to the defensive position on the 3-m line (with the cross move, immediately adopt a low stance and weight on the front feet).
- After the defensive position two options: either shuffle backwards towards the baseline or make a diving roll towards the baseline.
- Depending on the team and fitness level, increase the number of rounds the players have to make.
- 3 teams,
- 2 with ball at the net,
- 1 without ball at the backline flat on belly.
- Net player 1 hits ball, defender stands up and defends attack at about 6 meters,
- Afterwards short ball on 3 meter by net player 2.
- Repeat 2 series of 20 balls (so 10x attack and 10x short).
- 1 with ball on the backline
- 1 without ball at the net facing the net
- make a block jump at the net (pay attention to a straight landing)
- after landing, turn around and defend short ball on 6m line
- 6 times to the net (forward and backward)
- 2x back and forth knee lifts (left leg up, left arm up etc)
- Heels/Buttocks straight up 2x times
- 2x back and forth sitting low in defensive position
- 2x cross pass back and forth.
- stand on 3 metre line and then go back and forth to the net sideways 5 times
- 5x blocking
- 5x attack
- tap all lines from backline and dive back
- Walk 3x back and forth in a runner's pace to the net
- Walk 3x back and forth in double-step to the net, waving your arms as you walk
- Cross walk to the net 3 times (waving your arms)
- 3x back and forth sideways to the net
- 3x back and forth to the net, alternating between lifting your thighs and putting your heels against your seat
- 1 plays overhand to 2
- 2 plays back overhand and moves alternately 3 meters to the left or right
- left or right and returns to the starting position.
- 1 plays the returned ball directly left or right of 2.
- change after 2 mint.
- VARIATION: 2 plays overhand
Divide the children into 2 groups; 1 counter and 1 person who does the exercise.
- 4 hoops lie in a square.
- The distance between the hoops is 5 metres.
- In each hoop there is a ball.
- The player starts in a corner with a ball in his hands.
- Swap as many balls in a row as possible, putting the ball in the hoop.
- The player has to look in the same direction.
- Each player has one turn.
- Count the number of ball changes in 45 seconds.
Instructions for the counters
- The balls have to be placed in the hoop.
- If the ball rolls out, the player must go back and put it back in!
- All four hoops must be completed in order.
- The player is not allowed to run back and forth between 2 hoops and swap balls!