volleyball drills for Warming-up
Set up net
Run rounds around the hall and stretch
ROLL BALL AND STOP
- Line 1 players ready to stop ball
- Line 2 players behind trainer with ball
- Front player puts ball in hands trainer and joins line 1
- Trainer rolls ball and player from line 1:
- Stops ball with right hand
- Stops ball with left hand
- Stops the ball with the foot
- Runs around and sits in front of the ball, and lest ball roll between the legs
- Runs around and lies down in front of the ball and holds the ball still with stretched arms
- High tempo!
Stomach muscle exercises:
20 x up, 20 x up, hold, 10 x up in 3 steps, 5 x up in 7 steps
10 x squats, 10 x burpies, planking, push ups
- quintet with 1 ball. 1 player is at the net
- Opposite him/her is a trio next to each other
- If the ball thrower throws a ball to the middle, the middle player passes the ball back and everybody remains.
- If the ball is thrown left, the player passes the ball back and changes left for mid
- If the ball is thrown right, the player passes the ball back and changes right for mid
Which trio keeps this up the longest.
If a ball is missed, the player that made the mistake leaves the field, and a new player comes in the middle.
After every part a short rest and continue. For parts with *, a bench is required, 2 to 4 persons per bench
- Deel 1:
- 30 step-ups* (step up/down bench)
- 15 push-ups* (feet on bench)
- 30 step-ups*
- 15 spiderman push-ups (pull up 1 leg as a frog at the same time as push ups)
- Part 2:
- 30 east-west steps-ups* (right foot on bench, left foot besides, then left foot on right foot besides)
- 10 squats jumps (bend the knees and when stretching jump as high as possible)
- 30 east-west steps-ups*
- 10 squats jumps
- Part 3:
- 20 sideways shuffles over 4 meter
- 10 slit-squat jump (jump, and bend 1 knee, each time a different knee)
- Part 4:
- 20 forward and backward sprints over 4 meters
- 10 squats jumps
- Player A throws the ball over the net.
- Player B or C passes the ball over the net.
- The other player quickly runs underneath the net, and sets up for the same player that passed.
- This player tries to hit a cone from the bench with overarm player or a hitting movement.
Which pair or which team has hit the most cones from the bench after an X number of minutes?
- The cards of a complete deck (including jokers) are placed face down on the ground at a central spot in the playing area.
- The players are divided over 4 teams in the 4 corners of the playing area.
- Every team has to collect different kind of cards: hearts, diamonds, spades, clubs.
- After signal, the first player of every team can go to the central point to collect 1 card.
- The player turns one card, and has to take it if it is the right kind (or a joker).
- If it is the wrong kind, he has to put it back face down.
- The next player can leave if he is tagged (relay race).
Which team is first in showing a line of 13 cards of their kind?
A large, thick mat in the middle of the field.
Surrounded by obstacles to hide behind.
A number of kids is on the mat and have to try to throw the other kids off the mat with the balls.
The other children have to try to get completely around the field before they can hand in, for example, a dot or a ring as a point.
Balls, thick mat, obstacles such as chest or carts, and dots or hats to be used as points.
- Stand up straight with your feet a bit wider than a shoulder's width apart.
- Grab your feet at the toes, while keeping your legs stretched.
- Move your hips downwards until between your ankles and move your breast forward.
- Move your hips back up again until your legs are stretched. Keep your back straight and keep holding your toes.
Start from an upright position
- Place your left foot diagonally behind your right foot, at a distance of about 60 cm.
- Rotate your hips back in the direction your right foot is pointing.
- Lower your right leg and keep the heel of your right foot on the ground
- Return to the starting position and repeat the movement with your other body half.
- Repeat these movements a number of times.
- Make a step backwards with your right foot from an upright position.
- Turn your torso towards your left knee, while you reach up as far as possible with your right hand.
- Turn back, get back up again, and repeat the same movement with the other side of your body.
- Repeat these movements a number of times.
- Take a large step forward with your right foot from an upright position
- Put your left hand on the ground, at a shoulder's width distance beside your right foot, and divide your weight over your left hand and right foot.
- Bend your right arm, and bring your right elbow to the ground between your left hand and your right foot.
- Put your right hand next to your right foot. Do this on the outside, and not on the side here you previously had placed your elbow.
- Raise your hips, stretch both legs, and have your right foot point upwards.
- Return to the starting position and repeat the same movement with your left foot and right hand.
- Repeat these movements a number of times
- Trainer throws the ball, player catches the ball and puts it in the cart.
- Then the player goes to the ladder, goes through it, and joins the next line.
- Throw difficult balls (left and right, front and back).
- Play underhand for themselves and catch.
- Two players get ready next to each other and have to call let go.
- A setupper is added who has to catch the underhand ball.
- An attacker is added who has to play the setupper's ball over the net.
- Make trios
- Each trio has a ball.
- Player in the middle keeps running an 8. Every time this player comes in the middle, a ball is thrown:
- A throws (or plays overarm) the ball to B (in the middle)
- B throws the ball underhand back to A and then runs around A until he is back in the middle.
- Meanwhile, A plays the ball to C
- C returns the ball overarm to B.
- B plays the ball underhand back to C and then runs around C until he is back in the middle.
- after 2-3 minutes the player in the middle is changed.
- To make it simpler, player A and C can throw instead of playing overarm. Could be underhand throwing/catching or overarm throwing/catching.
- To practice standing still when playing/throwing, player B can throw and catch underhand.
The four quart fields have been numbered (see triangles in picture) The goal is to reach field 1 as a team by not making any mistakes!
The game begins with bringing the ball into the field. This can be done by the trainer, but also a player can throw the ball over the net.
The pair that receives the ball plays the ball over the net by playing three times (mandatory!) etc..
The team that makes a mistake leaves the field (in case of 5 teams) or goes to field four (in case of 4 teams).
The other teams rotate a field.
So when the team in field two makes a mistake, they leave the field, field 3 rotates to field 2, field 4 to field 3, and the fifth team goes to field 4 .
After 10 minutes the game stops, and the team in field 1 is the winner!
For the Volleyball trainer: Yoursportplanner one
Volleyball training sessions
Easily create training sessions and save them. View the sessions in the mobile app.Go to training sessions
Search existing drills. Create, save and reuse your own drills. Share drills.Go to drills
Add players and register attendance. Team calendar with games and training sessions. Driving schedule.