Volleyball drills for warming-up
Players face each other.
4 players each get 1 ball.
Players stand in the volleyball starting position and in a light squat stance
: Ankle, knee, buttocks, shoulder or head or GO* At
GO one of the players tries to grab the ball.
* Whoever takes the ball goes out
- 1 ball/person
- Each player dribbles, at the sign of the trainer the ball is thrown as high (and far) as possible.
- The players try to catch their ball.
- If this works out well
- Ball is caught with 1 foot in front.
- After the throw the ball is clapped between the legs. (after every step)
- Lie on your stomach after throwing the ball.
- In pairs, facing each other, start at the cone.
- Place cones in the middle.
- One cone per pair
- First time backwards to the sideline.
- Return forward.
- Tapping and kneeling in reception position, waiting for the signal.
- On command move sideways to the sideline.
- Same side back.
- Wait through the knees.
- Third time knees up, back against seat.
- Knee sit next to the cone, right leg to leave.
- 4th time, very fast kick to the other side.
- Lie on your stomach on the line and kick back.
Condition, speed, reaction ability and making appointments
Two teams of three players form a team on either side of the pitch. Trainer + one player at the net pass the ball.
- Trainer and a player roll balls into the field. These balls must not go over the outer lines of the field. If they do the team is out.
- The team that has finished is going to provide balls and a new team is going to enter the field.
- Start quietly and then slowly increase the pace.
- It is also important that agreements are made so that they are not all after the same ball!
Improve reaction time and speed + go for the ball
Players have to grab balls
- Row 1 players ready to play ball
- Row 2 players behind trainer with ball
- Front pushes trainer ball in hand and joins row 1
- Trainer throws ball into field and player from row 1:
- Runs towards the ball, lets it bounce 1x, 1x OH and then catches it
- Runs to the ball, lets it bounce 1x, 1x BH and then catch
- Runs to the ball, let it bounce 1x, 1x OH, 1x BH and then catch
- Runs to the ball, does not bounce, and touches it anyway : diving
- Connect with ball in the back of line 2
- High tempo and adapt to the player.
Each player stands in a square of pots
4 pots for the first person, then 2 pots for each additional person
Each game is given a number (1, 2, 3, 4). Trainer calls out number. Players must tap this number as quickly as possible and return to the middle of the square.
At 'change' they move one square forward and the player in front moves to the square at the back.
Improve fitness and warm up
Run in circles
Run in circles around the field(leave about 2m between them)
- when trainer claps 1 time - pump 1 time
- when trainer claps 2 times - sliding dive
- when trainer claps 3 times - tapping the net
- when trainer claps 4 times - sprint a whole circle around the field
A cloth is hung over the net so that the players cannot see the opposing team. In this way a rally is played.
Which team has the best reaction?
- See picture.
- Take turns throwing the ball.
- After throwing the ball touch the back line and return to the same spot.
- Throwing good?
- Then everything underhand. Later all above hands.