Volleyball drills for warming-up
- All players are spread over the playing area.
- One player starts as the "hunter" and one player as the "prey".
- The "hunter" tries to catch the "prey".
- The "prey" can escape by running away or lying down next to another player.
- This player now becomes the "hunter" and the old "hunter" becomes the "prey".
- Players spread out on 1 half of the field.
- Trainer or player hits underhand with a high ball.
- From that moment on the ball may not touch the ground.
- Loose call
- Make it more difficult by using the other part of the field as well.
Goal : block displacement + reaction speed
- A blocks at the net. (Start pos. 4/2)
- After each block, A defends the ball from B, then from C --> D.
Extension : Someone can also throw in a ball from the other side of the net. A blocks the ball and then defends B's ball.
Goal: improve condition in combination with attack/block/defense
T throws a total of three balls to SV.
- T throws ball to SV.
- SV gives a set-up pos 4 , where A attacks. Immediately after the attack T throws a ball, A defends ball back to C.
- After defense T, throws ball 2 to SV. SV 2é pace to A --> attack, C throws ball --> A defended back.
- T throws 3e ball to SV. Sv set-up to pos. 2, A attack on pos. 2, after attack Ball defend.
On the other side of the net.
- B same as A.
- B tries to block A's attack.
- After each block, defend ball from T2.
Goal attacking after physical and mental strain.
- T1, T2 & T3 throw at high speed a ball each for A1, A2 and A3 respectively.
- A1 pos. 4 --> attacking towards goal, after attacking around the cone and again attacking towards the mat.
- A2 pos. 2 idem
- A3 pos. 3 idem
Other players take care of ball safety. After 5 attacks change.
- This consists of a loose walk-in for 5 to 10 minutes with various light movements for arms, legs and torso.
- By doing this you actively bring the function of the heart, lungs, nervous system and muscular system to a higher level than the resting level.
- Start and finish line, caps are scattered around the field.
- The number of caps is the number of players in the team x 2.
- Caps are brought to the end line one by one, the team that finishes first wins.
Place 1 or 2 ladders in a row, to create an exercise on length.
Perform a number of variations, starting with easy exercises and slowly working your way up to more difficult ones. Continuously ending with a 10 meter sprint
- Start simple, with 2 feet continuously in the ladder.
- Short quick movements
- 1 foot outside ladder,
- 2 feet inside ladder,
- 1 foot outside the ladder.
- 1st box: only left foot.
- 2nd compartment: both feet.
- 3rd box: right foot.
- jump off your left foot, onto the left side of the ladder.
- --> to the other side of the ladder, landing on your right foot (one square further).
- Jump to the end in a slalom fashion.
- Stand horizontally with your hands in the ladder.
- And go sideways through the ladder, hands together continuously in one compartment.
- Do it again, but with a push-up between the different squares.
- Lateral knee lifts through the ladder
- Place a pawn/stack of hats in every odd ladder square, which must be jumped over.
- Continuous jumping, using both feet (arms in the air)
Circling around the field, doing something different each time.
- Cross pass
- knee lift