Volleyball drills for warming-up
- Trainer stands with ball carrier at the net
- Players divide into 2 groups
- 1 group stands on the left side of the field other group stands on the right side of the field
- Trainer throws the ball alternately left and right of the field,
- players have to catch the ball and put it back in the cart and then close again on the other side.
- Extension: players can play reception to the net and catch the ball themselves.
- Play fanatically in pairs
- Then player with ball at the net, gives ball at 7 m,
- then at 3 m above, below,
A short but intensive warming up to get the heart rate up and warm up properly.
This is completely without the ball.
- To start this warming up we first start with 2 to 3 laps around the field.
- This is to warm up the muscles a little bit.
- Then we stand in a circle.
- And do the following exercises in order with a 10 count rest each time
- 30 sec. Jumping jacks
- 30 sec bench (with the back against the wall and knees in an angle of 90 degrees)
- 30 sec push-ups
- 30 sec crunch (abdominal muscles)
- 30 sec Squats
- 30 sec planking
- 30 sec alternating Lunges First left and right or vise versa
- we do this two times
Each pair 1 ball.
1 person throws the ball. the other person plays the ball back overhand with hard contact.
change after 20 balls.
step 2: pass to each other with the hard contact technique.
3 players stand ready. the other 3 take turns serving a ball over the net.
One player passes, one player sets, one player catches.
After finishing they rotate one place: catcher becomes server, server becomes passer.
Ladder walking at high speed. Can be extended with left-right stepping out of the ladder with one or two feet.
Slalom around the pawns.
Attack pass to the net and shuffle backwards (3x attack pass and 2x shuffle).
Around the pole
3x block jump pos 2, 3 and 4. (In between, move sideways).
Make a dive across the field.
Walk around the pawn and sprint over the back line.
Run back to starting position.
- Everyone on a line with the ball between their feet.
- always jump with the ball between your legs
- Variant 1:
- jump with 2 legs towards another line
- variant 2:
- do 1 jump forward
- turn half a turn
- do 1 jump backwards
- turn half a turn, etc.
- Variant 3:
- put pawns/hats down and let them zigzag
- move sideways (face forward)
- make it a competition
- replay OH
- replay BH
- replay OH+BH
Running in circles and stretching
1. Run around the field
- A starts with shuffle sideways, then on 3m line sideways,
- (B waits for A to start sideways)
- Attack jump to the net,
- sideways and on mid a block jump,
- At the end of the game a block jump on both sides of the net,
- 2x shuffle backwards to 3m line, attack jump,
- Long shuffle to the backline,
- back to the beginning.
- Perform twice.
- There are many variation possibilities, in addition to all forms of moving (shuffle, sideways, backwards, running), diving and/or rolling forward and backwards can be included in the course.
- sit ups 30 sec,
- Support on left elbow, knees bent, right hand on right knee 30 sec,
- support on right elbow,
- left hand on left knee 30 sec,
- ankle tapping 30 sec
- Push-ups 30 sec,
- planks 30 sec,
- mountain climbers 30 sec
- squats 30 sec,
- lunges 30 sec,
- handwalk 30 sec
Fanatic playing in pairs
Movement and pass (overhead) (5 to 9)
- A, B and C with ball near the net.
- T (trainer) with ball behind the net.
- D passes back balls thrown to him by A, B and C.
- D walks around the net and passes the ball from T.
- D returns to starting position.
- Repeat 3 or 4 times.
- B throws the ball shorter
- The ball is hit by T
- The balls are thrown faster
- D plays everything back overhand
- First stand still then play
- Move well sideways
- Turn in well, stand in the direction of play