Volleyball drills for warming-up
3 players at the net at equal distance from each other (1, 2, 3, 4).
3 players on the backline (A, B, C, D).
- Player A plays BH to player 1,
- player 1 plays BH back,
- player A plays BH to player 2,
- player 2 plays BH back,
The moment player A plays to player 2, player B starts playing BH to player 1, etc.
One scapegoat is appointed, this scapegoat must try to catch the other players within the yellow lines.
- Has the ticker ticked 3 players? Next ticker!
- The whole volleyball field is the playing field.
- In the middle of the field the net hangs about 40 cm above the ground (do not tighten the bottom line for safety reasons).
- The players and tickers can dive under the net to get to the other side of the court.
- the players stand side by side on the back line
- From the defensive position, one step forward is taken,
- The players stand side by side on the back line and the upper body is moved forward as low as possible.
- The protruding leg must be bent so that the body remains low.
- In the meantime, the arms remain stretched out in front of the body.
- If the back of the player passes the front foot, the player will fall forward and the arms are placed side by side on the floor to catch the fall.
- While the hands are on the floor, the back must be drawn hollow and the body moves a little further forward.
- The intention is that the belly hits the ground first.
- After this the player stands again on the spot where he landed and repeats the exercise until the net is reached.
- Usually this can be done in 2 or 3 dives.
- Walk 3x back and forth in a runner's pace to the net
- Walk 3x back and forth in double-step to the net, waving your arms as you walk
- Cross walk to the net 3x (waving your arms along)
- 3 times back and forth sideways to the net (arms swinging)
In a circle
- Twist ankles, knees, shoulders
- sitting on the floor stretching hemstrings
- 20 times sit-ups, sideways, push-ups, superman
- Sit on the ground with your legs spread and try to grab your ankles on both sides. Then legs together and then grab the ankles with both arms.
- Stretch your arms by bringing your left arm to your right shoulder. & vice versa.
- Planks. right side, left side and straight plank.
- abdominal muscles.
- Lunges, stepping out with your right leg and left leg.
Roll ball and stop
- Row 1 players ready to stop ball
- Row 2 players behind row 1 with the ball
- Player 2 rolls ball and player from row 1:
- Stops ball with right hand
- Stops ball with left hand
- Stops ball with foot
- Runs around and sits in front of the ball and lets the ball roll between the legs
- Runs around it and lies down in front of the ball, holding it still with outstretched arms
- High tempo!
Loosen ankles, knees, hips, shoulders, wrists, and neck
Lying flat with elbows towards ceiling, 20 x up with head and shoulders, hands over the knee, legs in the air with your arms beside your buttocks up, legs bent ankles tap left elbow and right leg, then tap knee, right elbow and left leg, then tap knee
Planks 30 sec, hip cross over, planks sideways, scorpion, planks sideways, lunges
- 2 rows of players
- 1 row at the left back
- 1 row at the right back
- 1 SV
- create with 3 pawns a virtual line where they have to stand.
- coach stands at the other side of the net and throws the ball somewhere in the field
- 1 of the 2 front rows calls LOS and plays the ball to SV
- This one becomes the new SV
- SV takes ball and puts ball in ball pit
- SV joins one of the rows
- the intention is to get 3 in a row
- 2 teams per game
- 9 hoops in a square (3x3)
- each team has 3 ribbons, each team its own color
- the first of each team runs to the hoops and puts down the ribbon
- quickly back and touch the next one
- the first player who has no more ribbons (they are already in the square) can move a ribbon
- the team that has 3 in a row first, has won.
Players stand in a line across the width of the field
The trainer indicates gestures with his hands:
Up --> players forward
Down --> players to the back
Left/Right --> players go left or right
Clap hands --> burpee
Two hands up --> three blocks at the net
- start at the back line (or choose other lines)
- tap 1 line to the front
- back to the starting line -> touch it
- 2 lines forward -> touch
- 1 line back -> touch
- 2 lines forward -> touch