Volleyball drills for warming-up
- Sit on the ground with your legs spread and try to grab your ankles on both sides. Then legs together and then grab the ankles with both arms.
- Stretch your arms by bringing your left arm to your right shoulder. & vice versa.
- Planks. right side, left side and straight plank.
- abdominal muscles.
- Lunges, stepping out with your right leg and left leg.
Roll ball and stop
- Row 1 players ready to stop ball
- Row 2 players behind row 1 with the ball
- Player 2 rolls ball and player from row 1:
- Stops ball with right hand
- Stops ball with left hand
- Stops ball with foot
- Runs around and sits in front of the ball and lets the ball roll between the legs
- Runs around it and lies down in front of the ball, holding it still with outstretched arms
- High tempo!
Loosen ankles, knees, hips, shoulders, wrists, and neck
Lying flat with elbows towards ceiling, 20 x up with head and shoulders, hands over the knee, legs in the air with your arms beside your buttocks up, legs bent ankles tap left elbow and right leg, then tap knee, right elbow and left leg, then tap knee
Planks 30 sec, hip cross over, planks sideways, scorpion, planks sideways, lunges
- 2 rows of players
- 1 row at the left back
- 1 row at the right back
- 1 SV
- create with 3 pawns a virtual line where they have to stand.
- coach stands at the other side of the net and throws the ball somewhere in the field
- 1 of the 2 front rows calls LOS and plays the ball to SV
- This one becomes the new SV
- SV takes ball and puts ball in ball pit
- SV joins one of the rows
- the intention is to get 3 in a row
- 2 teams per game
- 9 hoops in a square (3x3)
- each team has 3 ribbons, each team its own color
- the first of each team runs to the hoops and puts down the ribbon
- quickly back and touch the next one
- the first player who has no more ribbons (they are already in the square) can move a ribbon
- the team that has 3 in a row first, has won.
Players stand in a line across the width of the field
The trainer indicates gestures with his hands:
Up --> players forward
Down --> players to the back
Left/Right --> players go left or right
Clap hands --> burpee
Two hands up --> three blocks at the net
- start at the back line (or choose other lines)
- tap 1 line to the front
- back to the starting line -> touch it
- 2 lines forward -> touch
- 1 line back -> touch
- 2 lines forward -> touch
- There are three mats each in a corner of the field (half a hall is sufficient).
- There are two tickers. The rest stand on one of the mats.
- The taggers try to tag the other players.
- The players try to run from mat to mat as often as possible. Each time they succeed in doing so, they get 1 point.
- If a player is tagged, the counter goes to 0 and he has to knock over a pawn.
- If 5 pawns are knocked down, the ticker is changed. This can also be done after 1-2 minutes instead of knocking over pawns.
- Which player got the most points?
- Instead of changing pawns after 5 pawns, you can also change the time. For example, after 1-2 minutes you can change the catchers.
- Instead of every mat being 1 point, you can also practise counting: every mat is 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 or 9 points. Of course depending on the age.
- You can also adjust the number of tickers (more or less).
- Place hats on the corners of a field
- 2 players are the taggers, the rest moves around the field
- the 2 taggers must tag the other players with the ball. They are not allowed to walk with the ball
- By throwing over the ball the taggers can kick off the other players
- If you are tapped or outside the box you are out and you belong to the taggers.
Loosening up ankles, knees, hips, shoulders, wrists and neck
Abdominal exercises with the ball:
ball from left hip to right hip, planks 30 sec, lie down with ball and up, mountain climbers 30 sec, feet off the ground ball sideways, planks and jump with feet
lateral lunges, scorpion, hip cross over, inverted hamstring
Defend block with dive
1 blocks first at the center and then at the left front
after block turn around and defend attack from 3 back
then defends (in dive) short ball from 5
2 is next
1 to short ball
3 to blocking
5 to attack
2 equal teams
1 defensive team, 1 offensive team
You play in the width of the field
Defensive team: stands behind a sideline. Each player has a pawn in front of him/her at a distance of 1 to 2 meters.
Attacking team: stands on the opposite side of the pitch. Trying to 'steal' these pawns. They do this by taking a pawn and putting it behind their line.
The defending team must try to knock off the other team. But if they cross their line, they have to tap someone, if not, that person is out.
If someone on the attacking team is tagged, he or she is also out and the pawn must be placed back.
Attacking team: steal all pawns
Defending team: kick everyone off
See picture. Take turns throwing the ball. After throwing the ball touch the back line and go back to the same spot.
Throwing good? Then all underhand. Later all above hands.