Volleyball drills for warming-up
A few turns on the loose
- Squats (2x12)
- Lunges (12 each side)
- Planks (side and straight plank) (20sec each)
- Side stance and leg raises (15x each side)
- Flat on the floor and arms at 90Â° and lift (15x)
- Hopping over the bank
- Slalom around the pawns.
- Attack pass to the net and shuffle backwards diagonally (3x attack pass and 2x shuffle).
- Step under the net.
- Sideways past the net with head under net edge.
- Make a dive across the field.
- Walk around the pawn and sprint over the backline.
- Run back to starting position.
- 3 x run
- 3 x run with arms waving
- 2 x sideways
- 2 x cross stride
- 2 x heels-buttons
- 2 x knee lifts
Loosening ankles, knees, hips, shoulders, neck, wrists
- sit ups
- knees 90 degrees, sit ups and your hands touch under your knee
- knees to the left, up
- knees to the right, up
- lie down, arms swing to your feet
- tap ankles
- mountain climbers
- fanatically playing in pairs
- Then player with ball at the net, passes ball on 7 m
- Then at 3 m on top and underhand
- After that at 7 m, at 3 m
- 5 red balls
Throw ball, run, pass and catch
- Row 1 players ready to play ball
- Row 2 players behind trainer with the ball
- Front pushes trainer ball in hand and joins row 1
- Trainer throws the ball into the field and player from row 1:
- Runs to the ball, 1x OH and then catch
- Runs to the ball, 1x BH and then catch
- Runs towards the ball,,1x OH, 1x BH and then catch
- Runs to the ball and touches it anyway : dive
- Bring ball to trainer
- High tempo and adapt to the player.
- Trainer chooses 4 (or 5) lines and numbers them 1, 2, 3, 4 etc.
- everyone stand on the outer line
- trainer calls out a line number and everyone runs to it
- do this a number of times
- at a given moment the last one who reaches the line falls off
- Until there is a winner.
- disadvantage of this is, that the lesser runners do not get better, because they fall off first.
In pairs playing fanatically
- 1 with ball at the net,
- 1 without ball on the backline, flat on belly.
- Attacker hits the ball, defender defends on 7 meter line,
- Then short ball on 3meter line.
Two teams: one sits on the ground, the other stands.
The player who is standing must touch the toes of the one who is sitting. He may not hang over the player who is sitting.
To really get warm at the beginning of the training, relays are ideal. My experience is that adults also enjoy them and a bit of competition is always good!
- The students stand in the field in a semi-circle.
- The pupils throw the ball to each other.
- The ball is always thrown to a different person, so not to the same person as who gave it to him/her.
- When a boy has dropped the ball on the ground, all boys have to run a circle.
- When the girls have thrown the ball on the ground then all girls have to run a circle.
- As a variation, you can throw in more balls so that the game goes faster and they have to run more often.
You can also give the students numbers 1, 2,. When someone from 1 drops the ball, group 1 runs a circle. When someone from group 2 drops the ball group 2 runs.
- Preferably 5/6 players per half.
- You throw the ball over the net in one go.
- The other player catches it and throws it back over the net the same way he caught it.
- When you have caught the ball you run to a wall and tap it.
- Your teammates have now moved on.