Volleyball drills for warming-up
- 4 to 5 players on the back line - at A: push-ups 10 x - at B:blocking 10 x fast hopping - for C: sideways between 3 meter line 10 x - D: sit-ups 20 x
- Extend your arms out to the sides with your fists clenched and your thumbs up.
- Bend forward with your left leg extended until your upper body is completely horizontal while balancing on your right foot. Move your left leg and torso as one.
- Do the same with your right leg while balancing on your left foot.
- Repeat these movements several times, alternating between your left and right legs.
Each exercise (or choose a number) is done for 30 seconds followed by 15 sec rest:
- Knee lifts on the spot-
Wall sit and pass ball-
Push-Ups (each at their own level)
- Sit-ups (straight and/or oblique abs)
- Bench jumps:
a. 2 legs sideways with a bench in between. Then jump on and off.
b. Jump with 2 legs on the bench (sideways) and off again. Then to the left on the bench and off again. 30 sec on your own place.
- Abdominal muscles 1 minute (press navel into the ground)
- reverse push-ups, fingers towards the back 15x
- 60 sec planks (straight back)
- 15 x Swim
- Push-ups 20 x
- Squat 10 x
9 hoops; 3x3
Two teams, the teams have to run to the hoops and then lay down their stuff. The team that has three in a row first has won.
Make two equal teams. They have to pass the ball to each other 10 times. If you manage to pass the ball 10 times, you get a point.
- Field will be divided in 6 squares
- 3 boxes per field
- the trainer calls out a number between 1 and 6
- the players run to the concerning section
These exercises can be done in many variations.
- 2 equal groups
- estaffete. so which group finishes first
- speed ladder
- under 'mat on benches
- through the hoop
- slalom through poles
- climb over a cupboard
- 3x push-ups
- 10x jump with 2 legs on bench
- touch the next one
- ATTENTION: to smuggle is to start over with the part (not the whole course of course)
Each exercise is done for 30 seconds followed by 15 sec rest:
- Knee lift on the spot
- Wall Sits
- Push-Ups (each at their own level)
- Sit-ups (straight and/or oblique abdominals)
- Bench jump
- Arm raises with water bottles
- Planks (regular, or side)