Volleyball drills for warming-up
condition and strength
- 4 to 5 players on the back line - for A: push-ups10 x - for B: attack run 5x - for C: blocking 5x - for D: sit-ups 10 x Loosen ankles, knees, hips, shoulders, neck, wrists Planks 10 sec, hip- cross over 10x, planks 10 sec, scorpion 10x, planks 10 sec, inverted hamstring 10x Play fanatically
Assume 2 teams
Person 1 throws the ball over the net (width of the field) person 2 catches the ball, person 1 moves 2 steps sideways.
Person 2 throws in the ball and person 1 catches the ball. Person 2 now moves 4 steps, etc.
Variations: throw the ball on to the 3 meter line, throw the ball on to the 7 meter line and walk back to the 3 meter line, pass the ball on to the other person and the other person passes on the ball to him/herself and catches it.
- Row 1 players ready to play ball
- Row 2 players behind trainer with ball
- Front pushes trainer ball in hand and joins row 1
- Trainer throws the ball into the field and player from row 1:
- Runs towards the ball, lets it bounce 1x, 1x OH and then catches it
- Runs to the ball, lets it bounce 1x, 1x BH and then catch
- Runs to the ball, let it bounce 1x, 1x OH, 1x BH and then catch
- Runs to the ball, does not bounce, and touches it anyway : diving
- Connect with ball in the back of line 2
- High tempo and adapt to the player.
Variation 1: OH back line (in 1x)
Variation 2: BH back line (in 1x)
Variation 3: in threes
Make 2 teams of about 5 children. Each team stands on one side of the field. Place 5 balls on both 3meter lines.
When the trainer calls GO, everyone rolls the balls to the other side. Who has the least balls in their field after 3 minutes has won.
Each exercise (or choose a number) is done for 30 seconds followed by 15 sec rest:
- Knee lifts on the spot-
Wall sit and pass ball-
Push-Ups (each at their own level)
- Sit-ups (straight and/or oblique abs)
- Bench jumps-
Arm lifts with water bottles-
Planks (regular, or side)
On the start signal, players sprint to the 3m line, tap and shuffle backwards to the back line.
- the intention is to get 3 in a row
- 2 teams per game
- 9 hoops in a square (3x3)
- each team has 3 ribbons, each team its own color
- the first of each team runs to the hoops and puts down the ribbon
- quickly back and touch the next one
- the first player who has no more ribbons (they are already in the square) can move a ribbon
- the team that has 3 in a row first, has won.