Volleyball drills for warming-up
- Take a large step forward with your right foot from an upright position
- Put your left hand on the ground, at a shoulder's width distance beside your right foot, and divide your weight over your left hand and right foot.
- Bend your right arm, and bring your right elbow to the ground between your left hand and your right foot.
- Put your right hand next to your right foot. Do this on the outside, and not on the side here you previously had placed your elbow.
- Raise your hips, stretch both legs, and have your right foot point upwards.
- Return to the starting position and repeat the same movement with your left foot and right hand.
- Repeat these movements a number of times
- Trainer throws the ball, player catches the ball and puts it in the cart.
- Then the player goes to the ladder, goes through it, and joins the next line.
- Throw difficult balls (left and right, front and back).
- Play underhand for themselves and catch.
- Two players get ready next to each other and have to call let go.
- A setupper is added who has to catch the underhand ball.
- An attacker is added who has to play the setupper's ball over the net.
- Make trios
- Each trio has a ball.
- Player in the middle keeps running an 8. Every time this player comes in the middle, a ball is thrown:
- A throws (or plays overarm) the ball to B (in the middle)
- B throws the ball underhand back to A and then runs around A until he is back in the middle.
- Meanwhile, A plays the ball to C
- C returns the ball overarm to B.
- B plays the ball underhand back to C and then runs around C until he is back in the middle.
- after 2-3 minutes the player in the middle is changed.
- To make it simpler, player A and C can throw instead of playing overarm. Could be underhand throwing/catching or overarm throwing/catching.
- To practice standing still when playing/throwing, player B can throw and catch underhand.
Divide over 3m line. Throw ball in zig-zag pattern and follow. See picture.
Later, play underhand, only overarm. One side of the net underhand, other side overarm.
The four quart fields have been numbered (see triangles in picture) The goal is to reach field 1 as a team by not making any mistakes!
The game begins with bringing the ball into the field. This can be done by the trainer, but also a player can throw the ball over the net.
The pair that receives the ball plays the ball over the net by playing three times (mandatory!) etc..
The team that makes a mistake leaves the field (in case of 5 teams) or goes to field four (in case of 4 teams).
The other teams rotate a field.
So when the team in field two makes a mistake, they leave the field, field 3 rotates to field 2, field 4 to field 3, and the fifth team goes to field 4 .
After 10 minutes the game stops, and the team in field 1 is the winner!
1 - dive to 3 meter 2 - attack jump with hitting movement 3 - block on mid and left 4 - block at the same time with 3 block and 2x dive to end line ( links, rechts) 5 - low defense to 6 over the end line 6 sprint back 3 times around
Loosen ankles, knees, hips, shoulders, neck, wrists
stomach muscle exercises
20 x up, 20 x tapping ankles, 20 x tapping foot, 20 x knees to the left, 20 x knees to the right
Movement prep and core stability:
hip cross over 10 x, scorpion 10 x, planking 10 sec, planking left, planking right
- bring the ball into the game; S sets up to left forward
- 1 diagonal attack
- all rotate one spot when ball is over the net
- defend diagonal attack on set-upper
- set up to left forward, attack diagonally; etc.
POINTS OF ATTENTION:
- when rotating, quickly to starting position
- all provide attack defense
- right forward block put straight
Pass and overarm exercise
- Player A and A1 have the ball.
- This player throws the ball to player B/B1
- Player B/B1 passes the ball back 'perfectly'
- Player A/A1 then plays the ball in the basket.
- Player A/A1 picks up the ball and joins the back of the line. You follow your ball
The tempo is automatic and can be increased. Make it harder by letting player B pass elsewhere, so player A has aim for the basket. Other option: Player A throws to a more difficult spot in the field.
- 2 teams behind the three meter line - defend, set up, and three meter attack - when you have played the ball, you sprint to the net VARIATION: instead of sprint: block at the net duik naar achterlijn aanvalssprong