Handball drills for all skills
- Two pairs shake hands in a crossed position (see photo) and kneel down in the sitting position.
- 2 opposite each other, bend their knees in the sitting position and come up and kick forward with the left and right leg alternately.
Two pairs sit down and stand up at the same time, with their backs against each other.
- 2 groups of players stand behind each other,
- back player lifts leg of player in front of him.
- the player in front of him goes through the knees with the other leg.
Two persons face to face in a lying position. They push themselves up and give each other a hand slap (see photo)
- play takes place across the width of the hall
- place two mats on each side
- divide the group into two teams
- aim is to push the ball onto the opponent's mat
- Variations with loss and gain:
- who scores five points first wins, other team presses/jumps, crosses the field etc.
- when player with ball is trapped so that passing is not possible: team of player who is trapped must do five push-ups etc. (Meant to promote speed in playing around and trapping player with ball)
- 2 defenders, 2 builders, 1 circle runner (possibly pawn)
- builders 3/4 meter apart,
- builders walk 1 with passing, defender steps out, other defender moves on/steps back to circle.
- 2 defenders,
- 1 left/right set-up,
- 1 centre piece to play on
- left side:
- The set-up player and the middle set-up player play around.
- Circelloper stands left of centre behind defender.
- The left midfielder comes in towards the middle,
- circulator locks out,
- center back comes out ,
- circle runner turns
- and receives the ball from the builder and finishes.
- Make 5 equal groups, 1 group at each side and 3 in the middle.
- Make sure both sides have several balls.
- Put 2 defenders (red) just inside the 9 meter line.
- B1 plays to B2
- B2 runs to the ball and plays to B3
- B3 plays to B4 and B4 tries to score.
- Meanwhile, B1 has to chase the ball to help the defenders.
- Then repeat from left to right.
Points of attention:
- Swap positions clockwise every 2 minutes, after 10 min everyone will have played every position.
- Pass quickly and accurately, if the defenders get the ball, stop the exercise and start again from the other side.