Handball drills for attack / offense
- A defender plays pass to KP.
- Immediately after the launch of the quick counter-attack, the defenders must try to stop the attack in a legal manner and must be back in time to defend
- The attackers must try to force a break-through.
Free throw variation:
- 2 in wall (center and circle).
- Ball goes to set up.
- Outer wall blocks corner, other blocks construction.
- Corner starts, gets ball from set-up and runs between players.
- A player from the wall plays a pass to a starting player (in front of the wall)
- The players in front of the wall move backwards immediately after receiving the ball and stop,
- The player in front of the wall fences immediately after receiving the ball for a jump throw and completes the throw.
- The players in front of the wall must make sure that they do not make an attacking mistake by running into the defenders.
- Some defenders lower their arms when someone threatens to run into them, giving the thrower the space she needs to finish.
- Left player (of the pair) plays pass to inside starting RO
- Right player places spar to the right of UL, RO puts pressure inside,
- Left player starts in between UL and HL,
- RO plays a pass to the starting left player
- Left player finishes
- Player in front of the wall starts in to the right to make the defense think,
- that that's where the action will take place,
- Left player out of the wall plays
- Pass to starting LH,
- All players from the wall go backwards and place a barrier on the corresponding defenders.
- LH takes advantage of the space and finishes
- The exercise starts when one of the attacking players plays the ball to KP.
- The defenders must try to stop the attack in a permissible way.
- The attackers must try to force a breakthrough.
- The players position themselves as indicated on the drawing.
- Just before taking the free throw LO starts in towards the centre, player (from wall) plays pass to MO, wall puts backward bar on defensive block.
- MO puts pressure to the left of UR and plays pass to RO who starts in.
- RO takes advantage of the space and finishes.
- Two players (e.g. CS and MO) stand close together at the free throw line.
- The inside player (MO) plays a pass to starting LO, the outside player (CS) starts in and places a blocker to the left of MA-r
- LH presses left of HR, LO presses right of HR, creating space at the circle, MO takes advantage of the space, LO plays pass to MO
- MO rounds off.
- Players are lined up as shown in the diagram.
- The player in the middle of the wall plays a pass to the player in front of the wall.
- This player threatens with a jump throw.
- The closest defender will try to tackle her to stop her.
- The free throw is now executed:
- LH starts in the middle, middle player now plays pass to player in front of the wall, the players in the wall go backwards to set up a bar.
- The ball possession player plays pass to in starting LH, (HR will follow LH along the circle) this is the signal for the left player from the wall to quickly
and start outside in
- LH plays a pass to the starting player
- This player finishes