Handball drills for defense
- Make 5 equal groups, 1 group at each side and 3 in the middle.
- Make sure both sides have several balls.
- Put 2 defenders (red) just inside the 9 meter line.
- B1 plays to B2
- B2 runs to the ball and plays to B3
- B3 plays to B4 and B4 tries to score.
- Meanwhile, B1 has to chase the ball to help the defenders.
Then repeat from left to right.
Points of attention:
- Swap positions clockwise every 2 min,
- After 10 minutes everyone has played every position.
- Pass quickly and accurately, if the defenders get the ball, stop the exercise and start again from the other side.
- 1 defender (V1) with attacker (A1) on the circle
- 1 defender (V2) in front who has to catch the attacking structure (A2)
- Attacking set-up A2 receives ball from the corner (A3) and runs towards V2;
- A1 steps out and stands left of V2 and blocks, A2 passes V2 on the right who is blocked by A1;
- Circle defender V1 has to choose, either follow A1 or pass to A2;
- A2 has to choose, if V1 comes, pass to A1, who then turns away from block position and stands free on the circle;
- or A2 shoots himself if V1 chooses to continue defending A1.
- Mutual play,
- if necessary, stop play and let them look at positions,
- Who stands where and what choice do you make to play the ball to?
- 4 attackers 4 defenders.
- Fanatic defending against the man.
- Attackers have to pass, run free and look out for their opponents.
- 2 people stand at the circle both with their backs to the goal.
- One is the defender and the other the attacker.
- The attacker stands in front of the defender with his back to the defender and his back to the goal.
- The attacker receives the ball and should try to turn towards the goal and finish
- The defender must prevent the attacker from scoring
- From the centre line, 2 people start running away at the same time,
- 1 of them with the ball.
- You imitate a break out and then look at how you have to defend, i.e. on the ball!
- 3 people at the 6 and 3 in the attack.
- The attackers are going to make substitutions forcing the defense to surrender and take over by talking!
- divide over 2 teams
- 1 team wears vests
- play a match to automate agreements in defence and attack
- game takes place across the width of the hall
- Place 2x 2 cones on both sides
- Divide group in two teams
- goal is to put the ball on the ground between the cones of the opponent
- variations with loss and gain:
- who makes the first five points wins, other team press-ups/frog-jumps, running across the field etc.
- when player with ball is trapped so that passing is not possible: team of player who is trapped must push up five times etc. (Meant to promote speed in playing around and trapping player with ball)