Handball drills for defense
- Ladder at speed!
- After the ladder sprint to the pawn on the other side.
- From there move back and forth from pawn to pawn until you're back at the beginning.
- slalom between the poles and finish
- Depending on the number of players set out 2 lines
Play with pressure from the left or right. (Depending on the number of players available whether we play 6 against 6 or less). When you shoot at goal but miss, you have to push yourself up 5 times.
- 3 players 1 ball in 1 line.
- Middle player B has the ball, throws it to A and gets it back, trying to pass A.
- After passing A plays the ball to B, who throws it to C.
- Gets it back and tries to pass C.
- After passing, B plays the ball to C who throws the ball to A, gets it back and tries to pass A.
- pairs of 2 with 1 ball
- player with ball tries to touch the mat with his foot,
- other player tries to prevent this with his body.
- Defender has hands on his back.
- Each pair 2 times 1 minute, then change.
- groups of 5 persons with
- 1 ball.
- 3 attackers and
- 2 defenders
- 1 attacker on the circle
- the 2 attackers play the ball around and try to play the player on the circle,
- the defenders try to prevent this.
- play takes place across the width of the hall
- place two mats on each side
- divide the group into two teams
- aim is to push the ball onto the opponent's mat
- Variations with loss and gain:
- who scores five points first wins, other team presses/jumps, crosses the field etc.
- when player with ball is trapped so that passing is not possible: team of player who is trapped must do five push-ups etc. (Meant to promote speed in playing around and trapping player with ball)
- 2 defenders, 2 builders, 1 circle runner (possibly pawn)
- builders 3/4 meter apart,
- builders walk 1 with passing, defender steps out, other defender moves on/steps back to circle.
- Make 5 equal groups, 1 group at each side and 3 in the middle.
- Make sure both sides have several balls.
- Put 2 defenders (red) just inside the 9 meter line.
- B1 plays to B2
- B2 runs to the ball and plays to B3
- B3 plays to B4 and B4 tries to score.
- Meanwhile, B1 has to chase the ball to help the defenders.
- Then repeat from left to right.
Points of attention:
- Swap positions clockwise every 2 minutes, after 10 min everyone will have played every position.
- Pass quickly and accurately, if the defenders get the ball, stop the exercise and start again from the other side.
Two teams each on their own half.
Call out the name of a random player on the other side and then pass.
- introducing a neutral zone in front of the line
- shot variation
- Number of times compulsory replay