Hockey drills for dribbling
- Exercise B+C
- B is about the left
- C is over the right
- A1 dribbles with ball to A2
- B guides player A, at 1,5 meter, backwards (open position).
- This is about footwork, so when A arrives at A2 he just lets A strike at goal.
- After the hit, A leaves the circle. B turns around and gets a ball from C. B takes a closed approach, turns open and plays the ball.
- B takes a closed approach, turns open and rounds the goal.
- Then the exercise starts on the right.
- The players are divided into teams of 3.
- The game is played 3-3 on different fields.
- Players can score in 2 goals and therefore must also defend 2 goals.
- Take away the goal.
- Each team can only score on 1 goal, so they only have to defend 1 goal.
- This step is performed in different ways.
- The easiest way is to make a kind of sideways jump.
- It is also possible to make a cross pass, which brings you to the same height as the jump.
- indian dribble / slalom
- give the ball small touches from FH to BH
- Drag the ball to the left and to the right to dribble past the cones
- Player 1 and 2 are defenders
- Player 3 and 4 are attackers
- Player 3 runs with a ball to player 1 and tries to get past player 1.
- The same happens on the other side.
- There are at least 2 teams
- The field is the 23, from marker to other marker
- You may shoot on goal from any position in the field if not dangerous
- After 2 goals by the same team the losing team switches (After 3 wins the winning team switches)
: half field
- Play direction of the game
- Goals in the middle of the field to stimulate awareness of the context of the game (from where do I defend, where do I score?).
- 1:1 : the trainer plays a ball to Orange 1 or Blue 2. Defender's goal is to prevent a goal and score himself.
- 2:1 : The trainer plays a ball to Orange 1 or Blue 2. When Orange 1 gets the ball, Orange 3 can join in the playing field of Orange 1
- Orange 1 and 2 play a 2:1 on Blue 4 (same if Orange 3 gets the ball (Section B)).
- 2:2 : Same as 2:1, but if Blue 2 gets the ball, Blue 4 may join the attack in the section of Orange 1 (Section A).
Tips on ball possession
- Perform a feint when passing.
- Cut in after the passing action; protect the ball from the defender.
Tips on non-ball possession
- Find your opponent as quickly as possible.
- Keep your stick on the ball.
- Keep the opponent in front of you (on the forehand).
- ps changeover
At loss of ball:
- Put direct pressure on the ball handler, cut the shortest path to the goal.
On winning the ball:
- Perform a quick action/goal attempt towards goals.
- Making it easier
- Change the start location regularly.
Make it more difficult
- Vary the speed of throw.
- 2 equal teams, or in case of odd numbers with a joker,
- try to keep the players on the team for as long as possible.
- This can be done through short replay, the duel and then replay.
- Two teams with substitutes, substitutions are made when a goal is scored.
- Each person defends a goal, on each field there are 5 goals,
- so there are also 5 people who defend these goals.
- If a goal is scored in your goal, you have to sit on the sidelines and you become a substitute.
- A new player (substitute) from the side enters the field and will defend the goal.
- If a goal is scored, it is 1 point.
- The team that has the most points at the end of the game is the winner.