hockey drills for Dribbling
- Technique exercise
- Learning the chop (if we don't have a water field we do another passing movement)
- You walk towards the bar
- Step over it yourself and tap the ball with your stick
- Because of this it goes in the air and therefore over the tray
- Then through the slalom and round off on goal
- Do the exercise several times
- A starts slaloming through the pilons and does this at speed
- At the end he is told whether he left or right along the pilons and accelerated with the ball on the stick
- A aligns the ball and strikes goal
- He turns around and gets a ball from B on the forehand. he takes the ball, aligns the ball up and around again.
- Turn around immediately and you get a ball of C that you take, line up and complete
- We are running from
- A to C
- C to B
- B to A
- Keeper on target
- Place 2 gates of pilons on the 23-metre line (the gates are on the left and right side of the goalposts)
- Player red starts on the head circle and accelerates with ball through the gates.
- Immediately after passing the gates, red passes to blue.
- Red sprints around a pilon to put pressure and/or take the ball away from blue.
- After receiving the ball, blue accelerates with ball and runs through the gates.
- If blue passes through the gates, red is not allowed to take the ball and has to go back to the pilon.
- Blue accelerates into the head circle and shoots at the goal.
- Put out the columns as shown in the figure
- Spread the balls over pylon C and D.
- In this exercise you place a player at pylon C and D.
- The rest of the team will line up at pylon A.
- From A onwards, the player walks around the pylon
- From the post, the player makes a sideways movement facing the ball (facing C).
- Player C plays the ball in the forehand of A
- A takes the ball and turns right open
- A runs in the direction of the circle and finishes at goal.
- From here he runs to D and receives another ball.
- The player turns open to the left and finishes on goal again.
- The children are placed in 2 rows.
- The trainer stands just behind the 2 rows and rolls a ball forward.
- The front 2 players try to conquer the ball.
- The player in possession
- drives the ball towards the goal.
- The other tries to conquer the ball again.
- From a marked point, the ball may not be taken away and the player in possession makes a shot at goal.
- indian dribble: make touches from FH/BH if you have control increase the speed
- dummy: drag the ball to your left foot make a c pull without the ball, drag the ball with your backhand to your righthand-side and speed up
- 3d skill:
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ahig2BR72Do .
- it all starts with lifting the ball in the air while simultaneously making a move to change direction
- Put out the pilons as shown in figure three, distribute the balls over pilons C and D.
- In this exercise you place one player each at pilons C and D, the rest of the team will line up at pilon A.
- From A the player runs around the pilon, from the pilon the player makes a sideways movement facing the ball (facing C).
- Player C plays the ball in the forehand of A, A takes the ball and opens to the right, runs towards the circle and finishes at goal.
- From here, he runs towards D and receives another ball.
- The player spins open to the left and finishes on goal again.
For the Hockey trainer: Yoursportplanner one
Hockey training sessions
Easily create training sessions and save them. View the sessions in the mobile app.Go to training sessions
Search existing drills. Create, save and reuse your own drills. Share drills.Go to drills
Add players and register attendance. Team calendar with games and training sessions. Driving schedule.