Hockey drills for dribbling
- A starts by slaloming through the cones and does so at speed.
- At the end he is told whether to pass the cones left or right and accelerates with the ball on the stick.
- A lines up the ball and hits goal
- He turns around and gets a ball from B on the forehand. He takes the ball, lines it up again and rounds
- Turns around again and receives a ball from C which you take on, line up and finish.
- We turn from
- A to C
- C to B
- B to A
- Technique exercise
- Learning the chop
- If we don't have a water field we will do another passing move
- You walk up to the box, step over it yourself and tap the ball with your stick.
- This makes it go up and over the tray
- After this you go through the slalom and finish on goal.
- Perform the exercise several times
- A has a hard pass to B
- B slaloms through the pawns with the ball
- A slaloms through the pawns WITHOUT the ball
- B has at the end a hard flat to A who takes the ball in the run
- A lines up the ball and rounds with the backhand on goal
- Transfer , quick assumptions and passing
- A does Indian dribble at the pawns
- Pass to B.
- B takes open and passes immediately to C who comes up along the sideline.
- C runs on to the back line and runs via the back line in the direction of the goal.
- C passes back to A at the head of the circle.
- A scores.
Points of attention:
- Clean passing
- Quick passing and
- Correct passing in the run
- From the other side
- Instead of dribble 3 D, introduce aerial dribble or passing moves (drag, dummy).
- B takes closed take instead of open take.
- C can come up unhanded along the back line,
- C, after taking the ball, passes straight to the far-post area where A goes.
- Bring in the rebound
- From B to C a high ball.
- There are 4 pawns in a diamond, and 1 in the middle.
- The balls start at 2 pawns opposite each other.
- Then walk to the center and pass it to the right.
- Ball starts with player 1, who runs to the back line, turns close and passes the ball in the run to player 2.
- Player two runs towards the 23, makes a turn to the right and pushes the ball to player 3.
- Player 3 attempts to run towards header circle but retrieves the ball at the ion and passes to player 4.
- Player 4 runs towards the back line and passes the ball towards head circle.
- Player 3 has run on after the pass and has taken position between the head circle and the center spot and will choose from here between rounding or playing on the tip.
- Player 1 is ready for the tip.
- Direction of rotation in chronological order.
- Depending on the level of the player, put a bit larger or smaller.
- Can also be mirrored with a backhand finish.
- Ball starts at red.
- White runs back to give support and gets the ball.
- When they take the ball, they accelerate to the side where blue has walked to.
- Red makes the point of the triangle backwards and is played.
- Blue runs deep and white goes to the head of the circle.
- Blue is played and passes the ball to the player on head circle who scores.
Points of attention:
- Acceleration on take-off
- After a pass follows a run
- High ball pace
- Look at what is happening and anticipate
- Searching for eye contact
Possibly expand to
- or 3:2
- Player starts with a ball
- You as trainer call 1 colour
- In this case you call RED
- The player drives through the 2 red gates
- At the end she goes through the white gate and flattens the ball on goal.
- Technique course
- Player starts with the ball and does a slalom
- Drifts further and puts a dummy near the pawns
- Drifts around the pawn
- Dribbles towards the balk on the ground and lifts the ball over it
- Dribbles on and goes around the pawn
- Does a herring trick near the cones
- Then passes the ball on to the goal
- Exercise B+C
- B is about the left
- C is over the right
- A1 dribbles with ball to A2
- B guides player A, at 1,5 meter, backwards (open position).
- This is about footwork, so when A arrives at A2 he just lets A strike at goal.
- After the hit, A leaves the circle. B turns around and gets a ball from C. B takes a closed approach, turns open and plays the ball.
- B takes a closed approach, turns open and rounds the goal.
- Then the exercise starts on the right.