Hockey drills for all skills
- A starts with the ball and passes it back to B.
- B takes to it pass the ball to C. C takes the ball and plays it wide to the passed A. From then on a 3:2 begins.
- Defenders then want to push ball outside by working together. The goal is that they only take the ball when the opponent is at the back line and then get out with a channel over the forehand side.
- They then score in the goalmouth on the side
- A passes the ball to B.
- A runs through to the box and plays and 1 vs 1 with B.
- C starts to run when the first one is over then it becomes a 2 vs 1 B,C belong together against A.
- D starts to run when the second one finishes then it becomes a 3 vs 1 B,C,D belong together against A.
- Defender plays the ball away through the side.
- A starts with the ball and passes the ball to B.
- From here a 3:2 begins with a tackle back runner who may run when B has taken the ball.
- The defenders want to start putting pressure on the ball but make sure to keep the axis of the field closed in the process.
- The attackers want to speed up to prevent the tackle back play from getting the opportunity to help defender.
- If the defenders take the ball away then they get to score in the goaltending area which is on the 23 meter line.
- The goal of the game is for the defenders to understand how to run in different situations.
- For the attackers, it is important that they keep the ball pace high and in this way play under the opponent's pressure. And be able to pass to the person in the middle.
- The person who passed the ball to the middle then stand in the middle.
- A starts with the ball and gives a hard aimed push/ flats to B.
- B takes the ball and plays it back to the passed A.
- A gives a hard aimed push to C. This may be a ball just into C's stick but may also be a tip ball allowing C to put the ball into the goal with a tip-in.
- Plot exercise on two sides.
- We are going to play in a game form with where you are only going to approach your goal from 1 side.
- Team blue wants to score on the goal that is on the side. They are only allowed to go there from their side of the circle.
- Team red wants to score on the goal in the circle. They can only get there by going through the box at the back.
- You may run WITHOUT ball through the others' line but the ball may NOT go through there.
- A starts with the ball and plays it wide to B.
- When B has accepted the ball the tackle back may run.
- We then play a 3:2.
For the defenders the goal is to close the axis and pass lines.
For the attackers the most important thing is speed and communication
- A starts with the ball and scoops the ball to B.
- B takes the ball and scoops the ball back to the passing A.
- A takes the ball and looks where the space is and gives a hard aimed flats to the offering C in the circle. C takes the ball and rounds on goal.
Set up the exercise on 2 sides. Take turns doing the exercise.
- A starts with the ball, B comes offering forward and gets the ball from A on his forehand.
- B takes the ball with an elevator action over the pawns. When B has done this a 2:1 is played.
- B and C belong together and play against the defender standing in the circle.
- The defender tries to take the ball away and score in the goalmouth on the side.
The exercise can be done on both sides, but please check with each other that we are not playing with 2 players in the circle.