Korfball drills for shoot / score / shot
- You make groups of 2 or 3.
- You're going to shoot at the basket and when you've scored you shout YO,
- and then turn with your group to the next pole.
- So you go through who first has said 5 times YO has won
- 3 kids
- 1 pitcher 1 defender 1 attacker
- The thrower is ready with the ball.
- As soon as the signal is given, attacker and defender leave.
- The goal is to reach the attacker with an accurate long throw.
- The defender tries to intercept.
- Can be extended with a shot opportunity.
- Meter shooting from 1 meter to about 4 to 5 meters.
- If you hit the ball one meter further.
- Everyone has his own ball
- Attacker defender
- Attacker starts running from the basket after the signal.
- After the second signal defender goes after him.
- Shoot as fast as possible because the attacker can pass the ball on signal 2.
- 3 baskets
- 3 teams of 2
- Shooting together or all baskets, all hit is winner.
- Expandable with different shot techniques.
- E.g. walk-through-ball-backwards-from-behind-the-basket.
- You can also extend the game by having the winning team score more than once. The winning team must score more than once until every team wins.
- Sometimes it can happen that several teams are standing at 1 basket.
What people often try with the older youth is a trick under the basket.
- There is 1 support with a defender
- behind that a catcher with 1 defender.
- The support plays off to the attacker in front of the basket, who first sprints to the side of the basket.
- Depending on which way the attacker sprints to the other side, the catcher must run up but then around the support to get rid of the opponent.
- The attacker plays under the basket to the released catcher under the basket.
- 1 declarer throws the ball to the person in front of the basket then he takes a shot when the ball is caught under the basket he then goes inside and takes a walkthrough ball finally he takes a short chance afterwards.
Important: Tightplacement and quick release so that the ball can be walked on immediately.
- Point count:
- Shot counts 2x
- Walkthrough counts 1x
- Short chance counts 1x
- Per pair at a basket.
- Start with 2 distance shots and score pp then get an assignment card from the trainer.
- Add up the points on the cards.
- running around the circle of pawns.
- When you hear a 'YES' you have to pass the ball as fast as possible.
- After scoring three times you may switch with the attacker.
- After that with pulling away under the pole of the declarer,
- If you score as declarer you may remain standing,
- Otherwise you change with the taker.