"Forward 3 options quarter field, back door"
Suitable for the following techniques: attack
Forward 3 options quarter field, back door
Players must be able to perform a layout from a bounce pass
Learn how to create forward scoring opportunities for yourself
4 players / quarter field, other players wait in center circle. Move over: offence becomes defence, defence goes out + new offence
The helpline is out: you can play with two groups of four on a basket and force the players not to use the space where the help is in the game.
(first perform the exercise several times without defense)
- guard dribbles up from the center circle
- at the same time, 2 makes a V-cut
- if 2 gets free, pass and 1 v 1
- if defender overshoots 4, then continue the V-cut to at least a meter
- above the three-point line and sprint backwards for the backdoor pass
- and play 1 v 1
- All score out of:
- 1 v 1 from the wing
- If you don't manage to pass to 2, 2 will sprint to the centre circle and get the pass of 1.
- The cycle then starts again from the front, but now with 1 at the forward position.
- if you can see your defender's shoulder in the pass line at the V-cut, then there is overplay.
- and you have to take the defender up to at least a metre above the three-point line towards the sideline
- sprint at full speed as you go backdoor
- the backdoor pass is mostly one-handed, from the dribble with a flat bounce