Handball drill: warming up game: stone paper scissors relay race
Suitable for the following techniques: warming-up
Warming up game: stone paper scissors relay race
- Divide the group into two teams.
- The teams stand side by side with about five meters between the players.
- The players of each team stand behind each other, thus forming a line.
- The course of the game is a square.
- Team 1 starts in the far left corner of the square and team 2 starts at the same height in the far right corner of the square.
- Thus, the two teams stand horizontally on the same line.
- At the beginning of the game, the first two players from each team will compete against each other.
- At the coach's whistle, these 2 players begin to run and follow the lines of the square.
- They will run until they meet on their way.
- At that point they will have to fight for passage!
- This is how you do it:
- You play leaf-stone-scissors.
- Both players hold hands behind their backs and count down together: " 1 , 2 , 3 " and after 3 they each show a symbol:
- leaf: the hand outstretched
- stone: the hand clenched into a fist
- scissors: index finger and middle finger extended
- The leaf overcomes the stone, the stone overcomes the scissors and the scissors win on the leaf.
- Of course, when the same symbol is shown, you have to start counting again.
- The player who wins the leaf-stone-scissors game may continue walking along the lines of the square.
- The loser walks back.
- The goal is to get to the other team as quickly as possible!
- But: when someone loses, the next player from that losing team starts walking until he meets his opponent again.
- Then the leaf-stone-scissors game begins again.
- Thus, the winning player is always stopped until he/she reaches his/her team.
Characteristics of the drill
Necessary materials:Not applicable
Suitable for the following levels: