handball drills for Warming-up
- make pairs opposite to each other in the middle of a half
- make contact 3x3sec (hands against the shoulder, defensive exercise) / then sprint away to the sideline / expanding to 4x shortly after each other seeking contact
- Jump 3x and give each other high five and then sprint away to the sideline.
- Repeat this exercise a few times.
- All behind the back line
- sprint 60% to half of 1 half
- then 100% sprint to the midline
- repeat this a few times
- with different starting phases e.g. jumping on both feet
- starting in planking position and sprinting away, facing the wall,...
Each player has his/her own ball. Throw in normally at first.
- Line up three pilons on each build-up.
- Twice around the pilon, and then throw towards the goal.
- finish off with stretch throw or jump throw
Attention: arm high, good leg in front, point towards the ball, work with adequate torso power
Purpose: footwork and throwing.
The game is played with at least 4 players
- 1 mouse that has a t-shirt or piece of fabric in the back of its pants
- 1 dog with has a tennis ball
- 2 cats without attribute
- the mouse runs around with the dog,
- The cats try to take the mouse's tail and bring it to their cone
- but the dog can touch the cat with the tennis ball and the dog give the cat an exercise to do in its headquarters.
- with more players a group can be made and 2 games can be played at the same time
- The children run through the room in pairs.
- One child tries to follow the other.
- The child at the front has to suddenly change tempo.
- The child in front must always change direction sharply.
- Groups of four or five children.
- Groups of four or five children and when the signal is given, the back sprints to the front and then indicates the track.
- For the physical condition this is a good exercise:
- The group has to stand in a row and you let them start dribbling easily.
- As soon as the trainer blows the whistle, the last one of the row should run forwards.
- You do this until everyone has been last in line and then you let them run a round relaxed
- Mini field / 1 ball
- Divide the group into 2 equal teams (each team starts on the back line of the mini field)
- Try to get the ball behind the opposing team's back line (by playing over/ running free).
- Team that is not in possession of the ball tries to intercept/tap out/possess the ball
- (you can make the exercise more difficult, by using a soft ball (that doesn't bounce) and don't let them run (3 passes))
- Two small playing fields of about 1/8 of a handball court.
- All participants in one of the fields.
- Play the ball over continuously.
- The ball must not touch the ground.
- Participants must keep moving (dribbling).
- "Break" is called at unexpected moments;
- Then, all participants sprint to another field.
- Player with ball throws ball to other field and then sprints to other field.
- Game continues.
For the Handball trainer: Yoursportplanner one
Handball training sessions
Easily create training sessions and save them. View the sessions in the mobile app.Go to training sessions
Search existing drills. Create, save and reuse your own drills. Share drills.Go to drills
Add players and register attendance. Team calendar with games and training sessions. Driving schedule.