basketball drills for passing
- Set-up. Two equal lines.
- The first player in each line DOES NOT have a basketball.
- The Activity - begins with the first player in line making a "V-Cut" at the baseline and pops back out to about 12 feet away from the basket and calls for the ball by showing ten fingers to player #2.
- Player #2 passes the ball to player #1.
- Player #1 shoots and gets his own rebound.
- Player #1 then goes to the back of the line giving his ball to #4.
- Since player#2 gave his ball to player #1, he now makes a V-cut to the baseline and the activity repeats itself.
- Coaching Points- Catch and square up to the basket.
- Two lines facing the basket.
- One line is the Layup line, the other line is the rebounding line.
- First two players in the playup line have a basketball.
- The drill - First player in line with a ball dribbles the ball to shoot a lay-up.
- Shooter joins rebounding line.
- Rebounder joins shooting line.
- Coaching point- Aim ball and push it in small square on the back board.
- Four or more players are in a circle
- One or two defenders are in the middle
- The players wil pass to each other and the middle defenders try to catch the ball
- Players in the circle cannot pass to the person directly next to him (because otherwise the ball will not go through the middle)
- If the ball is catched, he will change place with the person who threw the ball
- Repeat ten times
- Any pass is legit
- Row players 3-point line.
- Ball 2nd player etc.
- Defender under the basket.
- First player runs to defender. Quick post-up, receives pass/keep ball high. NO DRIBBLE!
- Passive defense, finish.
- Fake left, finish right.
- Step to left with left foo,than cross step with same foot/pivot and finish right.
- One dribble........
- A) Player with ball starts on baseline.
- One defender (E) weakside of the bucket low offensive end.
- Pass the ball to pos. B,
- pos B passes to pos C.
- Pos C passes back to running (A) player.
- Player passes ball to the corner D.
- D) Corner tries to score/lay-up via the baseline.
- Defender steps in and defends baseline.
- Player A comes in like a trailer and can get the pass if D has not scored yet.
- Rotate every position, A becomes B, has to run back via other side court. E becomes A, B-C, C-D, D-E.
- Get shooter free shot wing.
- 3 rows. Guard 1 with ball.
- 2 and 3 wing.
- Wing 2 sets low screen perimeter bucket. (Later double with center)
- Wing 3 cuts through bucket past screen.
- Set screen so Wing 3 can cut to wing, free shot.
- If defender cheats, touch Wing 2.
- Wing 2 goes up, 3 go's back to orig. position.
- Always roll after screen.
- 1 go's to 2,
- 2 go's to 3.
- 3 go's to 2
For the Basketball trainer: Yoursportplanner one
Basketball training sessions
Easily create training sessions and save them. View the sessions in the mobile app.Go to training sessions
Search existing drills. Create, save and reuse your own drills. Share drills.Go to drills
Add players and register attendance. Team calendar with games and training sessions. Driving schedule.