Handball drills for defense
2 Builders play the ball to each other at a steady pace, each time making a forward threat.
The defender performs a correct defensive stance.
Stepping out / inserting Runner
sideways sliding / sideways running.
The trainer gives an optical signal after which the attacker comes 1 against 1 followed by a completion on goal.
Two teams each on their own half.
Centre line is a line.
One tries to throw the ball over the line in such a way that it goes over the back line.
The line may not be touched. Who scores the most points?
- introducing a neutral zone in front of the line
- shot variation
- number of times compulsory replay
- Middle builder plays the starting left builder
- The left build-up makes a passing movement inwards and plays the goalkeeper in the hands.
- Both defenders start with break run
- The middle builder goes into pursuit to intercept the ball
- The goalkeeper plays the left break runner
- The break runners play out the defender
- The free player finishes off
- Put one player on the circle and one player on the 9-meter line
- The player on the 9-metre line tries to put the ball in the circle
- The player on the circle tries to prevent this by keeping the attacking player away from the circle.
- After 6x the attackers and defenders change
- If both players have done this 6 times, the attackers change with the attackers from the other side.
- The player starts in the corner with moving
- With each pilon the player steps out
- The player immediately drops back after stepping out and moves on.
- The player moves up to the pilon in the corner and starts the break run.
- Pass B2 - B6 - B2 - B1 - B2 and shoot at target.
- R1 tries to block.
- Same at the other side
- block with 2 players
- coming from a two turnout middle with left defender or right defender
- 4 players per group
- 3 players play the ball around to each other
- 1 player tries to tap the ball away.
- When this succeeds, a new player stands in the middle.
- First only play straight passes, then bounce passes, lastly play straight and bounce passes
Attackers have a ball.
- 5 plays to 4 to pass defender 1.
- 4 plays to 5 that passes the defender.
- 3 plays to 2 to pass the defender.
- 4 plays to 3 that passes the defender.
- 2 plays to 1 passing the defender.
- Defender 1 tries to prevent all players from passing him and defends with making contact.
- Each defender twice in a row, i.e. 10 actions in full.
defending the player in possession with contact
- arms bent forward
- blocking the way
- don't let your opponent run in between your arms
- push the attacker outwards
- counterpressure against shoulder that is inwards
- guide movements
- footwork very important, one must be able to keep up with the attacker
- keep contact with floor
- create pairs and divide them on the left and right corners
- each pair has 1 ball
- a pair of them start sliding at the same time from the 6m to the 1st pilon,
- then move out to the pilon at the 9m and move to the third pilon
- then sprint to the centre line at the same time to pass the ball back and forth
- join the line in the other corner
- Variations: On speed and the player without ball becomes defender and tries to conquer the ball