Hockey drills for all skills
- Place hoops around the room.
- 2 teams play against each other.
- You can score a point by passing over the ball 5 times and then putting the ball into a hoop.
- The other team can then take the ball out
- make the space bigger/smaller
- place more/less hoops
- Dribble through the mines and make sure you don't hit them, then score on target.
- dribble through the mines faster and faster, avoid hitting them.
- Pilons are getting closer together
- throw loose mines in front of the children's feet that they have to dodge
- Set up hats/pilons in such a way that they resemble a frying pan with a handle.
- The children are the eggs and dribble with the ball around the frying pan, they can always walk over the handle.
- The tagger is the cook, who likes to fry a delicious omelet with 3 eggs.
- So the cook tries to tag 3 eggs but is only allowed to walk over the handle 3 times.
- Each tagged egg is placed in the frying pan.
- How long does the cook need to tag the 3 eggs?
- All children dribble with the ball in a designated area.
- The trainer is 'mother/ father'.
- Regularly the children ask: "Mother what time is it?"
- If the mother mentions a random time, the kids just keep driving the ball.
- But when mother answers, "It's bedtime", all the children try to get out of the area as quickly as possible before they are tagged by the mother.
- Player A dribbles the ball to the next pilon and then plays the ball to player B.
- After playing the ball player A runs to player B's place.
- Player B does the same and plays the ball to player C.
Place 15 to 20 pilons over a distance of about 40 metres from the back line towards the middle line, in a straight line. The spacing between them at the basic form should be 2 meters.
Make 2 rows of players that are positioned behind the back line. The players do their exercise on both sides of the pilons at the same time towards the end of the series of pilons. There they turn and dribble with a wide curve back to the beginning. When the first two are at the fourth pilon, the next two can start.
Put players with an equal physical capacity next to each other. You can put players next to each other based on their positions (defender versus defender, attacker versus attacker).
1. On the signal the front 2 players start.
2. Sprint 2 pilons forward and then 1 pylon backward.
3. Keep your face forward, so don't turn during the exercise.
4. The intensity is 90% of the player's maximum speed. Especially the forward runs (starting) have to be explosive and with short steps.
5. At the end of the series of pilons you turn with a wide bend and dribble back slowly to the starting point.
6. Repeat this exercise once.
1. Identical to the basic form, but now with the pilons in a different pattern: between the first 2 pilons is 1 meter, between the next pilons 2 meters, then 3 meters, 4 meters and finally 5 meters. After this you reduce distances again (respectively 4, 3, 2 and 1 meter space between the pilons). In total you will have 18 pilons.
2. Identical to the basic form, but now with a different pattern: between the first 3 pilons 1 meter, the next 2 pilons 5 meter, then again 3 pilons with 1 meter, 2 pilons with 5 meter. After this, place the same pattern again (4 times the same pattern in 1 line, with a total of 18 pilons).
3. Identical to variation 3, but now you don't place the pilons in a straight line, but in curves.
4. You make a straight line of pilons and arrange them as you see fit. Make sure there is a lot of variation.
5. Identical to variation 4, but now with curves.
Intensity of the exercise
The intensity is 90% of the maximum effort. Panting, should be present in the forward runs, because they are highly explosive. Good body control and athletic posture should be maintained, EMI 7/8.
- Start from a standing position with your feet together and hold the medicine ball close to the chest.
- Step out with one of your feet until the knee has an angle of 90°.
- If all goes well, you now have a gap between your legs through which the ball can pass
- Pass the ball through your legs to your other hand
- Depending on the length of your arms, you will have to bend slightly forward to do this
- Return to your starting position and repeat the exercise with your other leg. Repeat this exercise 5 - 15 times per leg and build it up gently
- Muscle group: buttocks and legs
- Intensity: low/average
- Duration: 3 - 6 minutes
- Put 4 pilons in a T-shape.
- 5 meters next to each other (between 3,2 and 4) and 10 meters in front (between 1 and 2)
- Start at 1 and run forward to 2,
- then left sideways to 3,
- then right sideways to 4,
- then left sideways to 2
- and backwards to 1.
- Write down the fastest time in 2 attempts.
- Players work in pairs. 1 runs, 1 clocks.
- Run as fast as possible 5 times the distance of 10 meters.
- Put 2 pilons/line at 10 meters distance.
- The player runs 5 times back and forth between these pilons.
- The pilon/line must be touched with the foot !
- The players work in pairs.
- One player runs and the other player clocks.