hockey drills for Passing
- You place 11 pylons at different distances, under each pylon you put a stack of city names.
- Each 2 tries to reach all 11 pylons as fast as possible.
- You dribble to a pylon, take a city map and take it back with you, tap the next one and it runs to another pylon.
- Each city you return to the trainer will be stamped on the 11 city card.
- Who reached the 11 cities first?
(first practice without ball and stick)
- The exercise is meant to simulate a game.
- It is therefore intended that one team consists of the defenders/defending midfielders and the other team consists of the attackers.
- The attackers can score in the normal goal (decide if they can hit high as in the game).
- The defending side can score by driving the ball.
- Over the line of the goals on the half way line.
- The attackers learn to play over and finish at goal and the defending side learns to defend to the outside.
- Open reception,
- Accelerate & push pass out of the barrel (alternate with other techniques such as stroke, push pass, backhand pass).
- A flats to B (A runs after own ball);
- B takes it open and runs around the pilon.
- B accelerates with the ball stuck to the stick and plays the ball through the gates to A.
open and closed receptions
- Number one calls "open" or "closed" and then plays the ball to number two.
- Number two comes running into the ball and takes it on according to what was called.
- Then number two calls "open" or "closed" and plays the ball to number three.
- Number three enters the ball and takes it on according to what was called again.
- Then number three runs over the back line into the circle and plays it at the head of the circle to number four.
- Number four finishes on target.
- Purpose; passing over large distances, while running. Finishing and tackleback.
- A plays long pass to B,
- B drives the ball to the right and plays through to C who shoots at goal.
- Once the shot has been completed, the next player on A passes to D
- and D starts a dribble towards the goal (scoring past penalty spot),
- C defends this attack.
- Rotation: A1BCDA2
- Defender plays the ball to the right back.
- Right half pulls in and right front goes deep.
- Defender gives a deep pass on the right front.
- Right front turns away and plays the ball back on the midfielder.
- Midfielder puts the ball back on the other central defender who comes in.
- Pass to left back and then perform the same exercise as over right.
- 1 plays the ball using the bar to 2
2 runs in, controls the ball, moves towards the axis of the pitch and plays via the bar to 3
3 runs in, takes on and plays to the running-through number 2
2 Takes on and shoots (high) on target
Same for 4,5,6 if there are enough players for that
Press and hold 1-2-3-1 (or 1-2-3-4-5-6-1)
- Put out a square of 10 by 10 meters.
- A player is placed at 3 pilons.
- One pilon remains empty.
- The player with the ball plays to the pilon without a player.
- The player standing diagonally runs to the pilon and receives the ball. And so on.
- In this way, the next goal is reached:
- a lot of movement,
- playing while running
- take it in motion.
For the Hockey trainer: Yoursportplanner one
Hockey training sessions
Easily create training sessions and save them. View the sessions in the mobile app.Go to training sessions
Search existing drills. Create, save and reuse your own drills. Share drills.Go to drills
Add players and register attendance. Team calendar with games and training sessions. Driving schedule.