Korfball drills for attack / score
- 2 or 3 per pole.
- In front of the post, at a distance of 4 to 5 metres, two pawns in a line about 3 metres apart.
- Player 1 moves sideways between the cones.
- At a random moment, the ball is played to him. (after 1,2 or 3 times to and fro) and makes a shot.
- In case of a triple team with a defender who gives pressure but allows the shot.
- Change after a certain number of shots.
- Practicing leg 2 and 3.
- The ball is played to the back of the basket.
- The lady who gets it there plays the ball back from the one who played it and gets free at the ball side towards the front of the basket.
- There she gets the ball back and stands in a perfect position next to the basket.
- The lady in front of the box who is already moving, breaks through as soon as the ball is in the hands of the runner.
- The movement in front must be such that the defender does not dare to look.
- In the case of a frightened defender, walking is enough, but if the defender is more confident, you will have to move more sharply
- Leg 3 is the same, but then the lady is played who is not in front, but in the diagonal of the attacker.
- This lady also breaks through via the ball side
- First practise without an opponent, then with opponents and allow the defenders to play the ball
- They may, however, try to frustrate the attackers' runs.
- Play the ball deep into the box.
- The one who plays the ball takes the catch.
- The second lady passes the ball on to one of the other players and uses the block near the post to pass.
- The player with the ball plays the ball in and the other lady makes at that moment a breakthrough or dodge and shoots.
- The one who catches the ball puts out to the fans again.
- She then goes to the post again to catch.
- If the position is taken and it is not possible to shoot, the next passer comes in to pass.
- After receiving the ball, she passes it out, etc.
- We practice this first without an opponent and then with an opponent.
- Within the allotted time, choose a correct position for penalty throw or free throw.
- Position yourself properly in front of your attacker for penalty throw or free throw within the set time.
- Leader calls if a free throw or a penalty throw is given and who will take it.
- Attackers and defenders line up within the time limit.
- Mistakes will be discussed positively.
- For higher teams, only place a pawn in front of the penalty spot.
- One person shoots from in front of the basket.
- One person stands at the back left of a pawn, the other at the back right of a pawn, about 5 meters from the post and between each other.
- The one in front of the basket shoots.
- When the ball is loose, the two people in front of the basket start the rebound duel.
- When they have won the rebound 3 times, they may shoot.
- From 4-0 position to take action.
- You play around and create an attack opportunity in front of the basket.
- After the first action, start the second action.
- After second action, return to 4-0 position.
- Everyone stays in motion.
Actions to practice:
- Pass from 4-0.
See drawing for from 4-0 to 3-1 to 2-1-1.
Blue is 4-0.
- Player 1 throws to player 2.
- Player 1 puts in rebound.
- Player 3 fills in place of player 1.
- Player 4 behind the basket.
- Player 2 throws to player 1.
- Player 1 throws to player 2 or 3, they make an evasive move. (where possible shot).
Red is 3-1.
- Player 4 enters the support.
- Player 2 or 3 throws to 4.
- Player 2 and 3 make an action for a goal attempt.
- Player 1 catches a shot or makes sure she is away from a pass, can score via diversion after a missed pass.
- Player 4 makes a run through after a pass through.
- Players play 4-0 around the post.
- Player 1 takes the catch immediately after a pass.
- The next player to pass the ball takes the pass, but is "defended in front" and cannot avoid it.
- The player goes behind the post, the "defender" stays in front of the post, the player behind the post pulls away, gets the ball and shoots.
- Ball is caught, played out and the exercise is done again.
- This can be done with or without defenders.
- With defenders, the defenders must over-defend and stay in front of the post when the player moves backwards.
- Without defenders, make sure that attackers keep making the correct movements and do not immediately move backwards to move away, but only when they have been "pre-defended
Set up attacks in overtime situations
- Make sure the offense always has 1 more person than the defense (3-2, 4-3, 4-2 etc.)
- Gives the offense a task:
- E.g. score within 5 passes, score after setting up an action, score from the rebound.
- Gives the defense a task:
- E.g. intercept the ball within 5 passes, defend in front.
- Decide if you can go for a defensive goal.
- Indicate with cones where the lines are.
- Agree when offense switches with defense:
- After X minutes, after X goals, after X interceptions.
- 4 against 4 on 1 pole.
- The attacking team consults before each attack.
- They have to agree on a plan for the next attack.
- Who fills what position, what tactics (e.g. attacking in 3-1 or continuing to 2-2), do we move the ball to the back or do we attack in front with 2 people etc.
- Encourage them to have a basic plan.
- Let them think of alternatives if something doesn't work out.
- It is not the intention that they do not go for the ball after a goal attempt
- The goal is to score, so they should also try to get the ball when a goal attempt goes wrong
- Give the defence an order and see if the attack picks it up and adapts.