Korfball drills for attack / score
- Two pairs near a basket.
- There is an attacking pair and a defending pair.
- Rules: in a turn (time between start and interception), it is not allowed to double with the attacker (the trainer) under the basket.
- The pair will change positions after 3 interceptions.
Which pair scores the most in 2 minutes? (trainers keep track of time).
- Have all pairs play against each other (so three games if there are eight of you).
- The players walk from under one basket to the next basket, changing their roles (shooter/forward) when they miss a walkthrough or a shot.
- We will see who has scored the following goals first
:* 10 walk-throughs * 6 dodge balls*
8 walk-throughs * 4 dodge balls
- The baskets in a square.
- Pairs at a post.
- Together they score on their pole
:* 4 penalty shots*
4 pull-away balls (from under the basket to the front)
* 4 neighbourhood balls*
4 shots from 5 metres
- Repeat this 3 times on the same pole.
- The first time, the trainer keeps track of time.
- The second time, the players must finish faster than the first time, otherwise they will have to sprint around the poles for three rounds.
- The same is true for the third lap with respect to the second lap, unless the first lap was faster than the second.
- In that case, the time of the first lap must be used as a guideline for the third lap.
- Alternating dodge to the left and right.
- Whoever gets 5 in first.
- Then again but then who has the first 8 in.
- Stand at your favorite distance.
- Take turns moving left and right.
- You get the ball and shoot.
- Try to score as many goals as possible in one minute.
- Stand 4 feet in front of the basket and shoot for one minute.
- Count the number of goals per person.
- Then change persons.
- Shooting exercise (-game) in which shots are made from different sides of the basket.
- Per basket one pair with one ball, or in case of lack of sufficient baskets 2 pairs with one ball each.
- At each basket, four pawns or other markers:
- 1 in front of and 1 behind the basket and 1 to the left and 1 to the right of the basket, always at about 6 metres distance.
- One of each pair starts under the basket.
- The other one's task is to score a goal as quickly as possible from each cone.
- After that, they will switch functions.
- Which pair will be quickest to complete their 'journey around the world'?
- The distances can be made larger or smaller. Or: score 2 goals with each pawn.
- Instead of shooting from standstill, you can also shoot from movement, or simply: take evasive balls.
- Filling in positions. In the 3v3 you are constantly filling in the function shot, pass or rebound.
- You can vary endlessly in this exercise.
- Do you play on the breakthrough, on the dodge, on the distance shot or do you look for it in small chances around the basket?
- The assignment can be: score a distance shot, a walk-through ball and a small chance.
- The defenders will change their tactics when one of the shots is ready.
3 against 2
- Game over 2 baskets. Play continues until first pair has 3 goals.
- All other pairs stop immediately.
- In case of a tie, the first team to score a tie wins.
- At 0-0 stop.
- Winners to the left losers to the right.