Korfball drills for shoot / score / shot
What people often try with the older youth is a trick under the basket.
- There is 1 support with a defender
- behind that a catcher with 1 defender.
- The support plays off to the attacker in front of the basket, who first sprints to the side of the basket.
- Depending on which way the attacker sprints to the other side, the catcher must run up but then around the support to get rid of the opponent.
- The attacker plays under the basket to the released catcher under the basket.
- 1 declarer throws the ball to the person in front of the basket then he takes a shot when the ball is caught under the basket he then goes inside and takes a walkthrough ball finally he takes a short chance afterwards.
Important: Tightplacement and quick release so that the ball can be walked on immediately.
- Point count:
- Shot counts 2x
- Walkthrough counts 1x
- Short chance counts 1x
- Per pair at a basket.
- Start with 2 distance shots and score pp then get an assignment card from the trainer.
- Add up the points on the cards.
- running around the circle of pawns.
- When you hear a 'YES' you have to pass the ball as fast as possible.
- After scoring three times you may switch with the attacker.
- After that with pulling away under the pole of the declarer,
- If you score as declarer you may remain standing,
- Otherwise you change with the taker.
- Shooting exercise (-game) in which shots are made from different sides of the basket.
- Per basket one pair with one ball, or in case of lack of sufficient baskets 2 pairs with one ball each.
- At each basket four pawns or other markers:
- 1 in front of and 1 behind the basket and
- 1 left and 1 right of the basket,
- always at about 6 metres distance.
- One of each pair starts under the basket.
- The other one's task is to score a goal from every pawn as quickly as possible.
- After that, they will switch functions.
- Which pair will be quickest to finish 'the trip around the world'?
- The penalty throw can be practiced immediately in its entirety.
- The pressure of having to score at the penalty box can be imitated in different ways:
- Scoring ten in a row, counting again if missed.
- Which group will have the highest number of penalty throw, score 2 points and miss 1 point,
- who is the first to have 20 points,
- which player scores the most in 10 attempts.
- This exercise is all about technique.
- Also in the game only the technique is decisive whether or not a player scores.
- There is no time factor or defender.
- Set up the exercises so that it is not the time that is important, but the efficiency.
- 6 players, each under one post and the remaining players are going to run on/out/take short chances.
- First to the middle where there is a cap and then to a pole that is free.
- 2 players at 1 pole.
- Player 1 throws to player 2 comes next to him and shoots.
- Player 2 runs to the pole to catch the ball at once throws out to player 1 comes alongside and shoots. Etc.
- 2 players at 1 pole.
- Player 1 throws the ball on player 2 runs towards player 2, makes a diagonal move and runs into the depth.
- Player 2 catches the ball, throws at player 1 and runs in depth, so away from player 1.