Volleyball drills for all skills
- 2 rows of players
- 1 row on the left back
- 1 row at the right back
- create with 4 pawns a virtual line where they have to stand behind
- trainer stands at the other side of the net and throws the ball somewhere in the field.
- 1 of the 2 front rows calls LOS orI (agree on that)
- this player passes the ball to the playmaker, setup and attack straight ahead. Attacker retrieves his own ball.
- The playmaker goes on the attack, Paschal becomes setupper, the attacker joins the shortest row.
- If you did not have the ball, join the shortest line.
- Form a circle of 3 to 5 players (possibly including the coach if the players are not yet able to pass well)
- Pass the ball as often as possible within the circle.
- A player may touch the ball a maximum of 2 times in a row, otherwise start the count again.
- If the ball touches the ground, also start the count again
- 2 teams, each team has its own field
- facing each other with a net in between.
- The players serve each other from behind the back line.
- If a player serves a ball wrong (in the net, out, etc.) he must lie down on the side of the other team.
- A player may return if a teammate serves a ball to him.
- if a whole team lies on the ground, the other team has won.
This exercise is fun to do and gives a lot of fun and competition! Relays in general already create competition.
What this exercise also wants to mimic is the stress factor that a serve brings.
The players are divided into equal teams and lined up on the serving area of the same court. The first player of a team serves and retrieves his ball. After the next player is tapped, this one serves, and so on.
It is important for a player to serve quickly, but it must also be flawless, otherwise the ball must be retrieved and served again!
- A minimum of 6 players
- As many balls as there are teams
- 3 teams
- 1 at the net
- other 2 on 2 sides in the back of the field
- B throws ball at A
- B passes under the net
- A plays the ball UNDER HANDS to C
- C plays the ball UNDER HAND to B
- B catches the ball
- B throws the ball to C
- B passes under the net
- C over the net to A
- Walk 3x back and forth in a runner's pace to the net
- Walk 3x back and forth in double-step to the net, waving your arms as you walk
- Cross walk to the net 3x (waving your arms along)
- 3 times back and forth sideways to the net (arms swinging)
In a circle
- Twist ankles, knees, shoulders
- sitting on the floor stretching hemstrings
- 20 times sit-ups, sideways, push-ups, superman
- Player A throws/strikes the ball towards player C.
- Player C passes the ball to player B.
- Player B sets up the ball.
- Player C attacks.
Goal: try to attack/play 3rd ball on the mats (straight or diagonal).
After each ball move one place in your own group.
Extension: When there are enough players one could also choose to place a block.
- 1 and 2 hold the net - C plays ball in the backfield - 1 defends on 2 - 2 sets up on 1 - 1 hits placed to the left or right back - 3 and 4 the next
- Sit on the ground with your legs spread and try to grab your ankles on both sides. Then legs together and then grab the ankles with both arms.
- Stretch your arms by bringing your left arm to your right shoulder. & vice versa.
- Planks. right side, left side and straight plank.
- abdominal muscles.
- Lunges, stepping out with your right leg and left leg.