Volleyball drills for all skills
- Squats (2x12)
- Lunges (12 each side)
- Planks (side and straight plank) (20sec each)
- Side stance and leg raises (15x each side)
- Flat on the floor and arms at 90Â° and lift (15x)
- 3 times to the net (forward and backward)
- 3 times to the net, behind 3 metres, to the net and sprint back
- 2 x back and forth knee lifts (left leg up, left arm up etc)
- Heels/Buttocks upper body straight 2x back and forth
- 2x back and forth sitting low in defensive stance sideways
- 3x standing fast footwork 9 meters, then sprint to 3 meters
- 1 throws the ball underhand
- 2 set up second tempo
- 1 runs, makes attack and raises both arms
- 3 defends, retrieves ball, rolls to 4
- 4 gives ball to 1
- after 5 good balls 1>3>4>1 turn over
- Then 3 throws the ball to 1
- 1 passes to 2
- 2 gives set up to 1
- 1 makes an attack and raises both arms
- 3 defends or gets ball from 4
- after 5 good balls, 1 >3>4>1
- player throws ball to defender
- the defender passes to SV
- SV gives setup
- Attacker hits, thinking about the arms,
- If set up is not good, play smart on position 1, 5, or short on 2 or 4
- Attacker gets ball, puts it in the box and stands in line of passers.
- Passer becomes attacker
- 10x push-ups (may also be on knees)
- 40 sec planking (straight back) 3x with 15 sec rest in between
- lie on your back, 1 minute
- 10x whole belly exercise
1 - dive to 3 metres 2 - attack jump with stroke movement 3 - block on mid and left 4 - block at the same time as 3 block, get out and dive to the back line 2 times (left, right) 5 - low defence to 6 over the backline 6 - sprint back 3 times around
Loosen ankles, knees, hips, shoulders, neck, wrists
sit ups, ankle taps, legs up, foot taps, knees to the left- sit ups, knees to the right- sit ups, hip cross over, Scorpion, planks left, planks right, planks
Play fanatically in pairs
- Player 1 is ready at the first pawn
- Then runs quickly around all the pawns sideways
- After the last pawn, sprint to the front where a ball is thrown by the trainer at around 3 metres.
- This ball must be passed from a standing position.
With more than 6 players, set up the track twice and let a teammate throw the ball in turns. Otherwise they stand still too long. Run the course 2 times.
- Ladder walk at a fast pace. With every step keep your heels off the ground.
- Slalom around the pawns.
- Attack pass to the net and shuffle backwards (3x attack pass and 2x shuffle).
- Step under the net.
- Sideways past the net with head under net edge.
- Sprint diagonally to the back left.
- Walk around the pawn and sprint over the backline.
- Run back to starting position.
- 6 times to the net (forward and backward)
- 2x back and forth knee lifts (left leg up, left arm up etc)
- Heels/Buttocks straight up 2x times
- 2x back and forth sitting low in defensive position
- 2x cross pass back and forth.
The purpose of the core is that the players can play the ball overhead.
- The players stand in pairs facing each other and play overhead.
- Hands well above the head, from the legs, stretch the body and point to the ball
- The players stand further and further apart.
- Then we form two rows diagonally across the field and we play BH, chase your ball