Volleyball drills for all skills
to 2/3 (catcher)
- After the serve
- Waiting room red
- After the pass
- Turn right/left only.
- Knees high.
- Backwards (don't fall!) etc.
- 2 players on p5 and p6
- Catcher on p2/3
- 2 server on p1
- Service on p5 or p6
- Pass to p2/3 and catch. Roll the ball to P1.
- After 5x good passes, the passer changes to catcher and a server comes to pass.
- The receiver starts serving.
- No more catching, but setup to 4 and catching there.
- Divide group into 2 fields.
- Make 3 pairs
- Trainer with ball on p1
- 1st duo on P5 and P6 (passing)
- 1 duo on p2 and p4
- Trainer serves to p5 or p6, pass to p1
- On p1 setup to p4, catch it and bring it to the trainer on his own field.
- After the pass the 1st duo takes the places at p2 and p4 (change every time)
Tip: in case of an uneven number of pairs, new pairs are formed each time.
- 2 rows of players
- 1 row on the left back
- 1 row at the right back
- Create with 4 pawns a virtual line where they have to stand behind.
- Trainer stands at the other side of the net and throws the ball somewhere in the field.
- One of the two players in the front of the line calls out LOS orIK (let's agree).
- This player passes ball to p2/3.
- The non-passer catches the ball on p2/3.
- The receiver returns the ball to the trainer.
- Both players join in the other row.
- Purpose of the exercise:
- To focus, communicate, master the task and persevere.
- At "A" and above, with fewer people on the field for more intensity.
- Explanation of the exercise:
- 'Chaos Easy' starts as a warm-up, but ends as a true battle.
- The players are placed in the field (it doesn't matter where).
- The ball is caught and immediately thrown over the net (one play).
- As the player catches, he throws the ball.
- When a player has thrown the ball, he/she goes to a wall (back of the field or on the side) and taps it, then comes back into the field.
- The other players on the team have moved forward one spot.
- You notice how difficult it is to score.
- When someone throws the wrong ball (into the net or out), they have to sprint around the opponent's field.
- Duration of the exercise:
- 5-10 minutes.
This exercise trains the split step.
- Players line up behind the back line.
- Trainer or player stands at the net.
- One by one the players walk in from the back line.
- When the trainer hits the ball, the player makes a split step.
- Then he gets the ball on a random spot next to or in front of him.
- Player passes back and retrieves ball if necessary.
- After that the player closes in at the back.
- Trainer with ball carrier at position 5/6.
- Players at 5 and other field also at 5 with 2 reserves.
- Trainer throws up the ball and the player hits that ball to position 5 on the other field.
- Player there passes the ball and the attacker tries to catch the ball.
- Passer joins behind with "attackers" and reserve becomes passer.
- "Attacker" becomes reserve.
- 30 sec Jumping Jacks
- 30 sec knee lifts
- 30 sec heels against buttocks
- 30 seconds bridge with 1 foot on ball
- 30 sec jump-lunge with ball between legs 30 sec skating jumps
- 30 seconds Russian-twist (feet off the floor)
- Build up from 25
Plank workout (3 minutes)
- 30 seconds normal plank
- 30 seconds of alternating left and right leg lifts
- 30 seconds of side plank on right side, other arm extended
- 30 seconds side plank on left side, other arm extended
- 30 seconds of normal plank 30 seconds of spiderman plank
- 2 x 1 minute (rest 20 seconds)
- 3 x 8 pylo-clap push-ups