Volleyball drills for all skills
- 3 pass setup + 1 SV
- pass to playmaker = 1 point
- sv drops ball in basket = +2 point
- wrong service = 1 point
- foul pass =-1 point.
- After 2 services = turn over
- Triplets 1 ball.
- Two on the backline 1 with ball at the net.
- The ball is thrown in one half of the field, the passer has to call and the other one is going to catch it.
- The players may only pass to their own side.
- If the passer succeeds in catching the ball they both get a point.
- If all passes well the passer has a point (be strict on the pass).
- After 10 balls they rotate.
If the back players get the ball to the net player, they earn an extra point.
Explanation system 3-2-1. Team training with intervention.
- Build up free attack first,
- Outside, middle, back.
- With playmaker,
- two men pass.
Goal: Move to the ball and technique.
- 3 men stand at the net
- the first one throws a long ball on the 7meter line,
- then a short ball and another deep ball in the back.
- T throws ball to line of passers
- Pass to SV on 2/3
- SV gives a good set up at 52 (outside)
- Offender plays BH to the hoop at position 1
- Then to the hoop at position 5
If it goes well, make it a game, every time you hit a hoop, 1 point
The purpose of the core is that the players can play the ball overhead.
- The players stand in pairs facing each other and play overhead.
- Hands well above the head, from the legs, stretch the body and point to the ball
- The players stand further and further apart.
- Then we form two rows diagonally across the field and we play BH, chase your ball
- 3 teams 1 ball.
- A and B stand at the net and C stands opposite A on the backline.
- A plays ball to C, C plays BH diagonally to B.
- Meanwhile A moves opposite B and then A plays the ball BH to C.
- After 20 x passes turn over
- If the service is wrong (out or in the net), the player must lie down in the field on the other side of the net
- The player may return if a team-mate serves exactly where he lies.
- 3 teams, per 3 teams 2 balls.
- 2 persons at the net - 4 meters apart - 1 person in the back (6 m).
- Pass 25 balls in high tempo.
- Accent on staying low
Apart from technique, communication is important in volleyball. And both aspects also apply to this exercise. And reacting adequately to situations that go differently than normal. In this kind of exercise you can see very well how different players are.
- We start with 5 minutes of serving for everyone.
- Then this exercise begins
- Three players line up to pass (numbers 3, 4 and 5). Player 2 stands ready at the side of the same court. The other players are ready with the ball to serve on the other side.
- Player 1 serves the ball (and then immediately runs to where player 2 is already standing)
- A player passes the ball. Another player gives a setup. And the third player plays the ball over the net. All three players must play the ball, either a pass, or a setup, or an attack.
- Once the ball is over the net, the players turn: 2 goes into the court (where 3 was first) 3 goes to mid-back, 4 goes to the spot of 5 and 5 goes the serving spot of the other half.
- Then the next player can serve, on the drawing this is player 8. Etc.