volleyball drills for Defense / passing / digging / diving / reception
- A serves to B.
- B passes the ball to the playmaker, who then plays a high ball in the back field.
- B defends this ball back to the playmaker, which gives a set up for A.
- A attacks to this set up.
After the attack, A takes the place of B, and B will be reserve. The playmaker remains.
The outside attackers use one playmaker and the left side of the field. The centre attackers and the diagonal attackers use the right side with a different playmaker.
- After the service, A takes a second ball.
- After the attack of B, A throws this ball into the field.
- B plays this ball to the playmaker, the playmaker gives a set up
- B attacks again.
- The players are next to each other on the end line
- From a defensive position, take a step forward
- and the upper body is moved forward as low as possible.
- the stretched leg has to be bent so the body stays low.
- Meanwhile the arms are stretched, pointed forward.
- When the buttocks of the player move past the forward foot, the player will fall over, and the arms are placed next to each other on the ground to catch the fall
- While the hands are on the foot, the back should be hollow, and the body moves a bit further forward.
- The goal is that the belly touches the ground first.
- After, the player goes back to the place where he landed, and repeats the exercise, until the net is reached.
- Usually this takes 2 or 3 dives.
Pairs with 1 ball.
- slide on belly
- keep watching the ball
- sit low
- player 1 is on the end line, and player 2 is lying on the ground before with stretched arm, and hand flat on side line.
- player 1 drops the ball and it bounces back.
- If not, the hand is not properly flat on the ground
- Idem, only player 2 starts 1 meter from the end line
- player 1 calmly drops ball from up high
- player 2 is crouching, and slides to the line, and has to time such that the ball falls on the hand
- Idem, but now come running from 2 meters
- Stay low, then it will not be scary!
Always change after 5 times
For the Volleyball trainer: Yoursportplanner one
Volleyball training sessions
Easily create training sessions and save them. View the sessions in the mobile app.Go to training sessions
Search existing drills. Create, save and reuse your own drills. Share drills.Go to drills
Add players and register attendance. Team calendar with games and training sessions. Driving schedule.