Volleyball drills for system
- The goal is to play the ball in threes. This requires the commitment of every player.
- So line up three players.
- They solve a thrown ball (by the trainer), by playing in threes.
- The first ball is passed to the upper-position.
- The 2nd player, who has the job of upper-player, runs to the upper-place.
- The 3rd player then prepares for the attack.
- At first keep the ball on one side of the net, by not actually hitting the 3rd ball, but catching it.
- Then 3 other players move in to do the same.
- On the other side of the net, the same is practiced with the other half of the team.
- After a while, when the ball is regularly played in threes, the ball is actually played to the other side.
- The team on the other side then plays the ball back in threes.
- And so on; play over as long as possible.
- No scoring, it's about playing in threes.
- 5-1 system on both sides.
- Team 1 serves, plays out rally.
- Loser gets a rally ball.
- Other team gets a rally ball.
- Minimum of 2/3 points scored is turn over.
- Service changes every time.
- 1 player at the net on position 2/3
- 3 players in the backfield.
- The player at the net puts the defense to work and has the freedom to touch each ball at least once up to a maximum of three times.
- The defense makes sure that the ball reaches the player at the net in 1 or 2 times.
- 6-team plays a game against 4/5 team:
- Team 6 takes care of rotation with SV.
- Opponent 4/5 defends and attacks.
- Main point:
- The pass must be good.
- Two teams on both sides.
- After every well played ball, turn in three.
- Pass obliquely if you don't have a complete team.
Side a: formationSide
b: someone position 6 - position 5 and position 1
: Side a gets every ball against and tries to score from this situation.
- First ball: serve side b
- Second ball: freeball coming from side b (side b builds up and tries to pass "difficult" freeball)
- Third ball: attack position 6
- Third ball: attack position 1
- Side a is not allowed to place the ball in the 3m line at side b, everything behind the 3.
- But side b is allowed to attack in the 3m line.
- Let's see how easy it goes.
- 4 players in game formation
- 3 next to each other, passer slightly behind ready to run in
- Girls on the other side pass in quick succession, little time in between.
- Then with a serve.
- Make sure they call.
- 10 balls back over is a pass.
Purpose of the exercise:
Improve out of system situations and communication
- 3 players gather around the trainer and pass the ball.
- Trainer holds the ball in front of him.
- When all players have put their hands on the ball, the trainer throws the ball somewhere in the backfield.
- Through communication and especially listening, it must be clear who plays the first, second and third ball.
- What do you do as a striker in a difficult out of system situation, what do you want your strikers to do?
- Is there a lot of risk in finishing or do you want to see controlled balls hit in various positions?
- Go ahead and play as a trainer.
- Very good exercises to repeat out of system situations.
- Point of attention: walking towards the net.
- The tall players towards the net, the smaller ones can move backwards.
- Pay attention to the connection of the back players.
- 6-team is in line-up.
- Trainer receives ball from other field,
- Trainer divides left and right,
- ball is caught.
- Point of attention,
- Joining SV to block, and backfield positions.
- Player position 4 starts the game by throwing in from the side.
- 4-team builds up an attack.
- Six has to react on the attack.
- When the attack/rally is over, the trainer plays a freeball and the point is played out again.
- 6-team is in line-up.