Handball drill: base: jump shot
Base: jump shot
- Jump shot explanation:
- Left - right - left - outlet with left for jump - shoot in the air. Left-handed players do it the other way around.
- Eventually you should be able to start it with both legs.
- Pay attention to height - so don't just jump forward. Use arms and 1 leg to get extra upward energy. First in slow motion!
- Trainer stands halfway up 9 meters
- Players line up at a distance
- Player throws ball to trainer, runs in, catches ball at the 9 meter and finishes with 3 passes- jump shot
- Trainer is on knees gets ball from player, player makes jump shot and throws over trainer.
- Mark floor with hats for null pass, catch and down, and jump shot with 1 or 3 passes.
Characteristics of the drill
Suitable for the following levels: