Hockey drill: build up own half
Build up own half
- Orange 1 passes to Blue 2.
- Blue 2, 3, 4 try to score in the 2 little goals on the back line.
- Orange 1 tries to get in possession of the ball by defending on its strong side (fh). If he succeeds, he can score in the goal on the middle line (1½ meter wide).
- The exercise is started again when:
- Blue scores in 1 of the 2 goals on the back line at Orange.
- Orange 1 scores in the conversion in the goal of Blue.
- The ball goes over the back line.
Tips Ball possession
- Threaten with the ball and speed towards the goal.
- Look at each other as attackers when offering the ball.
- Help the ball carrier by running away from the ball.
Tips on no ball possession
- Guide with stick on the ground, forehand at ball height.
- Stay out of the ball carrier's physical space.
- Keep the ball on your forehand side. or v2 to create a 1:2 situation (double).
- At loss of possession: Pressure the ball immediately, cut off the shortest path to the goal.
- When gaining the ball: Keep the ball in quick action/goal attempt towards the goal.
Make it more difficult
- Use 1 goal instead of 2.
- Vary the tackling.
Characteristics of the drill
Suitable for the following levels: